User Tag List

123 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Why Should I watch Game of Thrones?

Okay, I've seen it mentioned a lot, but haven't checked it out. I'm open to hearing pros/cons to help me decide whether I should give it a chance. Thanks!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Complex cloak-and-dagger-intrigue, a plethora of well written characters, and unlike most fantasy, isn't a traditional "good vs bad"-type of story, but instead most characters actions fall within a moral greyzone because of their convoluted motivations.

Also sex. Lots and lots of sex.

MBTI
    INFP

pros: is good, will make many memes decipherable
    cons: will he ever finish it? how will he finish it?

It's taken so long just to get to this point (I've been there since the beginning), and it seems like there's at least 2-3 more books to go. Which is maybe 10 years according to his current production rate. There's also no guarantee that he won't intentionally and maliciously perpetrate a monumental damp squib of an ending. He's got form. But why not experience what could be a nerd's decade-defining shattering experience for yourself? Our JFK assassination/watergate/Cobain/phantom menace.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Found the 2 first seasons good, but it gets boring from then on, imo.

Pros: Great acting; you get to understand the memes; sex; no character is 'immortal', so there is equality and many surprises.

Cons: Supernatural plays an annoying role; there are too many characters (which adds complexity to the plot, but not to themselves, if that makes sense); it will be hard to associate the characters with names, as pretty much every male character has dark hair, dark beard, and an outdated name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Found the 2 first seasons good, but it gets boring from then on, imo.
    Season 3 is the first half of the third book. Most of it serves as a prelude for things to come.

Shit is gonna be intense this season.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Highest production values of any non-miniseries (Band of Brothers arguably had higher production values). Acting of the highest caliber available on TV. Intrigue, sex, murder and all the other fun stuff.

The most faithfully recreated fictional universe since Jackson's LOTR movies. You honestly don't know whats going to happen.

Since so many characters die, there is always a fresh cast of new characters to keep the show from getting too stale.

The only con is you have to pay for HBO to watch it. Unless you want to pirate it that is.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Looks like there's only 31 episodes out there. It's probably good to jump in now if you plan to, before it becomes overwhelming to catch up.

(I haven't watched any yet and am trying darn hard to avoid spoilers... but I'll probably start watching just to see if I want to go for it.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Because Pascal's Wager suggests it is the most reasonable choice.

I actually read the books the summer before the show was even announced to be made, at the recommendation of a good online friend. Since I'm so persnickety about books I read, I took a gander at the Wiki article for the books before I read them, and it convinced me wholeheartedly to do so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

I agree with whoever said that it's the most faithful recreation of a fantasy series since Tolkein's LOTR. So far I've never been disappointed, and I'm very aesthetically oriented. Directing, acting, CGI, cinemotography, everything's wonderful.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Peter Dinklage.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga