• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shows you're embarrassed to admit you like (or should be).

Qre:us

Teen Wolf (cringes) - there's eye-candy there

Wife Swap - kind of hilarious

Used to watch "The Real Housewives", when my cable channels were limited and I wanted to procrastinate hard, and they had back-to-back episodes. DRAAA-MAAA. Hilarious, in an unintentional way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Following, The Following... it's always The Following for me. Sigh.
There's not much I watch, though, if I think it's stupid or a waste.

I can be a TruTV junkie sometimes too.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Long Island Medium. Teresa's an ENFJ, right? The show's interesting even without the readings.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Card Captors when I was like 11. It wasn't actually that bad.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Following, The Following... it's always The Following for me. Sigh.
There's not much I watch, though, if I think it's stupid or a waste.

I couldn't find a thread for The Following.

Season 2 just went on Netflix this fall, so I finally watched the last six episodes or so that I missed. The show is a guilty pleasure at best, as it doesn't have the balls to be any more than a silly soap opera of a detective/crime show. I've never seen so many stupid characters on one show before. The real joy of it is just watching Kevin Bacon (who just is really likable) + the interaction with James Purefoy AKA the nefarious Joe Carroll, who just is a pleasure to watch even when the script is terrible and the writers don't know how to keep him consistent. But really, this is pure soap with the characters just doing crazy shit and involving as little viewers' braincells as possible.

- how many times can the heroes repeatedly break normal police procedure before being fired or locked up?
- how many psychos are out there to worship joe when they meet him?
- how many times can joe get away / fake death / do crazy shit and somehow duck out "just in time"?
- how many stupid people work in law enforcement?
- how many times can the heroes steal information or discover things that the "experts" actually working the case do not?
- how many more bodies can stack up?

Okay, and the deal with Emma, who is one of the rational people on the show (aside from her obsession with Joe -- she does play the "voice of reason" and you don't want to fuck with her) along with Max :

Anyway, the biggest irony? After two seasons, the show effectively has not gone anywhere. Joe is back in jail, Claire and Ryan don't have a relationship, etc. PRetty much everything is reset. The only difference is a hell of a lot of people are dead, and Max and Mike are in a relationship. That's it.

ROFL. TWO SEASONS AND IT DIDN'T MATTER.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually kind of enjoyed watching Legends' House... several retired professional wrestlers (who I had no idea who they were) living under one roof :laugh:

I was a bit disappointed that there was only one season :blush:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
embarassment? Whats that.

Are you guys watching sex in the city and Twilight fan-art behind my back or something

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Family Feud, which is a little weird. I'll actually choose to watch it over other, better shows.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I'm not embarrassed I enjoyed Gossip Girl (I only watched the first two seasons religiously), Sex and The City and Degrassi.

I'm embarrassed I watched all seasons of 90210 and enjoyed episodes of How Clean Is Your House? and Snog, Marry, Avoid. What can I say? I like watching people judge each other and clean houses in fur gloves.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I watch way too many shows that I probably should be embarrassed about but I love them so I don't care. The worst ones are probably:

I really loved the innocence of this show, and tbh I'm not going to list all the shitty abcfamily shows I watched and loved, The Nine Lives of Chloe King was another one that was pretty bad, okay really bad. I watched PLL but I'm not going to say I'm embarrassed cos it was good for at least the first two seasons. I stopped after season 3, but still keep up with what's going on.

I love AnnaSophia Robb what can I say, and Austin Butler is a cutie. The show was so bad though, I can vouch. It felt like Jane by Design from above, but with an attempt at more mature themes.

The show has gotten so bad now, but I'm mostly only embarrassed cos imo BBUK sucks and people usually think BBUSA is just the same so when I say I watch it I get a lot of judgemental looks or comments :p but w/e BBCAN is so much better though! But Dan's funeral <3

Summary I watch a lot of 'childish' shows tbh, I do watch shows with more dark/mature themes and etcetera, but I like relatively innocent, optimistic or fantastical shows too, sometimes a little more. I watch a lot of competitive reality shows, if there's no competition I cba.