User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Default 'The Wind Rises' movie, by Hayao Miyazaki - what type?

This movie was very long, incredibly beautiful, slow, and sad. It was a thousand times more beautiful than computer animation. I don't know how they painted the running water in the streams, but it was the best I've seen.

Anyone else see this movie? What type does the movie seem to be, or the characters in it, or the writers/studio/producers/whatever? Even though the movie was about engineering and technology, I felt like it was an ENFP movie, but honestly I'm not sure.

I saw the movie. It's the first work by Miyazaki that I've ever seen from start to finish. I thought it was brilliant.

LadyLazarus

Gah, I want to see it so badly! It probably is an NF movie of some sort, most of Miyazaki's have been in my opinion, except for Princess Mononoke which seemed really ISFP e9 to me 'cause of the whole "nature is precious" thing it had going on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I saw the movie. It's the first work by Miyazaki that I've ever seen from start to finish. I thought it was brilliant.
    That's a nice sentiment considering it's also his last iirc.

I have not seen it yet but I really want to because I love his work. Kiki's Delivery Service especially holds a special place in my heart.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    This movie was very long, incredibly beautiful, slow, and sad. It was a thousand times more beautiful than computer animation. I don't know how they painted the running water in the streams, but it was the best I've seen.

Anyone else see this movie? What type does the movie seem to be, or the characters in it, or the writers/studio/producers/whatever? Even though the movie was about engineering and technology, I felt like it was an ENFP movie, but honestly I'm not sure.
    It's a propaganda movie about the designer of the Japanese warplane, the Zero, which was used to attack Australia.

The Japanese Government does not regret their war crimes and continues to make propaganda to hide their war crimes.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's a propaganda movie about the designer of the Japanese warplane, the Zero, which was used to attack Australia.

The Japanese Government does not regret their war crimes and continues to make propaganda to hide their war crimes.
    Uhhhh... only the Japanese right-wingers are all accusing Miyazaki of being a traitor because the movie was 'anti-war'. You're right in that the Japanese have never admitted their war crimes, but the social backlash created by this movie have precisely the opposite connotations of what you're saying.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors