• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

'The Wind Rises' movie, by Hayao Miyazaki - what type?

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
This movie was very long, incredibly beautiful, slow, and sad. It was a thousand times more beautiful than computer animation. I don't know how they painted the running water in the streams, but it was the best I've seen.

Anyone else see this movie? What type does the movie seem to be, or the characters in it, or the writers/studio/producers/whatever? Even though the movie was about engineering and technology, I felt like it was an ENFP movie, but honestly I'm not sure.

93JC

I saw the movie. It's the first work by Miyazaki that I've ever seen from start to finish. I thought it was brilliant.

L

LadyLazarus

Gah, I want to see it so badly! It probably is an NF movie of some sort, most of Miyazaki's have been in my opinion, except for Princess Mononoke which seemed really ISFP e9 to me 'cause of the whole "nature is precious" thing it had going on.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I saw the movie. It's the first work by Miyazaki that I've ever seen from start to finish. I thought it was brilliant.

That's a nice sentiment considering it's also his last iirc. :)

I have not seen it yet but I really want to because I love his work. Kiki's Delivery Service especially holds a special place in my heart.

Mole

Permabanned
This movie was very long, incredibly beautiful, slow, and sad. It was a thousand times more beautiful than computer animation. I don't know how they painted the running water in the streams, but it was the best I've seen.

Anyone else see this movie? What type does the movie seem to be, or the characters in it, or the writers/studio/producers/whatever? Even though the movie was about engineering and technology, I felt like it was an ENFP movie, but honestly I'm not sure.

It's a propaganda movie about the designer of the Japanese warplane, the Zero, which was used to attack Australia.

The Japanese Government does not regret their war crimes and continues to make propaganda to hide their war crimes.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
It's a propaganda movie about the designer of the Japanese warplane, the Zero, which was used to attack Australia.

The Japanese Government does not regret their war crimes and continues to make propaganda to hide their war crimes.

Uhhhh... only the Japanese right-wingers are all accusing Miyazaki of being a traitor because the movie was 'anti-war'. You're right in that the Japanese have never admitted their war crimes, but the social backlash created by this movie have precisely the opposite connotations of what you're saying.