User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think I wouldn't be so hard on her, EXCEPT... it's her freaking job.
    And last night she was going on about how she analyzes her emotions rather than experiencing them.

She's supposed to evaluate / provide therapy for criminal minds as her actual living and get paid for it.

The funny thing is, she felt some level of awe, respect, connection with you-know-who... but it becomes obvious after the fact that it was just a connection he realized he could exploit.

Yeah, I actually rewound to get another look at that "under the table" camera shot because I was like, "No way."

The dialogue and tone was impeccable. I loved it.

He's also not just "crippled" according to another person's posts; it was his "last supper." I assume he's going into the freezer after dinner.

What dishes can you make with a stomach that still contains digested food? Especially THAT type of food? Oh, the places our cuisine will go!

Yeah, I think that one out of the series of movies was a level higher, and pretty much Hannibal and Hannibal Rising were dogs. However, to be kind to the "Hannibal" folks, they were taking it straight out of the book, I considered that novel to be Harris flipping the publishing industry the bird and saying, "See? You guys will publish anything to make money." It was one of those stories that was mostly absurd on the pages, and if you try to translate to screen verbatim, it REALLY looks stupid.

That was amusing.

I'll be honest: I (like most of the audience, I'll assume) hates Chilton.

And we all know what happens to him.

But I do like how the TV version is pretty much channeling the movie version -- the voice and inflection is really close. And also to be honest, Chilton is more on top of this than Alana, even if he is generally self-serving in his interests and also "cheats" (by using surveillance, although any psychopath worth his salt can play off that). He's also a fun character -- kind of slimey in his own way, and a bit of a pompous effete, but highly articulate.
    Only problem with it being Alana's job is her patient is Satan.

I've been on some movie sites and the general consensus is that ever since Chilton joined the Crawford bandwagon, people like him more, including myself. Little wormy for sure, but his hilarious, subtle self-preservation is beautiful.

Yes last scene, ugh, "My compliments to the chef." Haha, I hadn't thought of what he'll serve. Perhaps, soul food style giblets?

Still absolutely love this show, and I'm not even going to mention the woman in the well at the end. Jaysus christ! Well ok, I guess I just mentioned it.

This series has been wonderful so far, my only fear is, how can they keep it up?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Only problem with it being Alana's job is her patient is Satan.
    Wait... you're saying she's in bed with Satan?

I've been on some movie sites and the general consensus is that ever since Chilton joined the Crawford bandwagon, people like him more, including myself. Little wormy for sure, but his hilarious, subtle self-preservation is beautiful.
    "... in fact, I shouldn't even be talking to you. It's far too dangerous." *edges away* ROFL. Not that it matters.

Still absolutely love this show, and I'm not even going to mention the woman in the well at the end. Jaysus christ! Well ok, I guess I just mentioned it.
    You know who she was, right? (Oh my girl!)

This series has been wonderful so far, my only fear is, how can they keep it up?
    Yeah, I gotta say that although at times things can seem a little long, the series has made no actual missteps that I've noticed. That's actually really good, where most series have some good moments and then just really screw up an episode here and there. (Heroes is a great example of a series that went some pretty cool places, then completely blew episodes / strings of episodes.)

EDIT: How can they keep it up? I don't know, ask Alana -- apparently that's her specialty, not mine.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Wait... you're saying she's in bed with Satan?

"... in fact, I shouldn't even be talking to you. It's far too dangerous." *edges away* ROFL. Not that it matters.

You know who she was, right? (Oh my girl!)

Yeah, I gotta say that although at times things can seem a little long, the series has made no actual missteps that I've noticed. That's actually really good, where most series have some good moments and then just really screw up an episode here and there. (Heroes is a great example of a series that went some pretty cool places, then completely blew episodes / strings of episodes.)

EDIT: How can they keep it up? I don't know, ask Alana -- apparently that's her specialty, not mine.
    Ha, yeah I know who it was, Miriam. I had almost forgotten who she was, she really didn't have that much screen time. For a split second, I thought it might have been Abigail, as I'm not sure we ever see her body?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ha, yeah I know who it was, Miriam. I had almost forgotten who she was, she really didn't have that much screen time. For a split second, I thought it might have been Abigail, as I'm not sure we ever see her body?
    I don't think they ever found Abigail's body (aside from blood on the floor in her old house, and any pieces of her in the Chesapeake Ripper's lures they just found on the security guard).

I think with Miriam, we only ever saw her arm. Apparently we know where the rest of her went now.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Dammit i like that chubby sergeon (gordon i think).

Why did they have to cripple him?
    Cuz he was taking The Ripper's (Hannibal's) credit for being the ripper. That's a no no. Plus a chubby thigh makes for a more tender clay roasted Roti de cuisse.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Cuz he was taking The Ripper's (Hannibal's) credit for being the ripper. That's a no no. Plus a chubby thigh makes for a more tender clay roasted Roti de cuisse.
    I gotta say, I'm learning a helluvalot more about cooking than I ever knew before.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OMG Miriam!!!! And Gideon had to eat himself. Shudder. This season is so great.

(Miriam's appearance was a much better "long gone character comes back" reveal than the season finale of Shameless, which totally pissed me off...)

I love Chilton, the greasy bastard. That actor has really brought some charm and humor to a usually irredeemable role. What were those feet things anyway?

Edit: the link I just posted below says they're squab drumsticks in fig&date tartlettes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I gotta say, I'm learning a helluvalot more about cooking than I ever knew before.
    Have you seen the food stylist's blog? (Apologies if it's been posted before...)
    http://janicepoonart.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    OMG Miriam!!!! And Gideon had to eat himself. Shudder. This season is so great.
    It really is good. ANd I love the whole parallel tracks they are doing between Hannibal and Lecter -- not only are they similar in some ways (except Will has empathy for the victims despite his detachment issues), but even physically and situationally, they've stuck Will in Hannibal's physical circumstances that we know him from in the movies, and even some of the lines. This will be played off later once things flip around.

Eddie Izzard did a nice job as Gideon. He just takes everything in stride.

errr... but... welll... as Hannibal would say about Miggs... um... "Not anymore."

(Miriam's appearance was a much better "long gone character comes back" reveal than the season finale of Shameless, which totally pissed me off...)
    I honestly had no idea what he'd find in that well. That was the last thing in my mind. But that's why I love this show. And it wasn't really played up, it just happened.

Edit: the link I just posted below says they're squab drumsticks in fig&date tartlettes.
    That was just... hilariously bizarre.

I honestly feel inspired to buy equipment and try to learn how to cook like this... but I don't have the money to eat like that, and I suspect I would suck at it.

I love Chilton, the greasy bastard. That actor has really brought some charm and humor to a usually irredeemable role. What were those feet things anyway?

What's really amusing is finding pictures of Raul Esparza (Chilton) elsewhere, with other things he's done.

He looks a lot different when he's focused and cleaned up, ROFL.

But he really does bring a lot to the role. The movie couldn't do much with Chilton, he was more a brief comic foil in an otherwise dark picture and that's all there was time for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Comedy gold!