MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

HAHAHA!

ohmygod.

Well, it was really nice going into the finale and having no idea where it would go, at least after the initial 15 minutes.
    And then came the last twenty minutes.

EDIT: Oh, and I have to make this joke:
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I read an article with an interview of the "boss" of the show, he said it could make an appropriate ending like that, if the show were never to continue. He said season 4 or 5 (IDR) would be the best.

Oh well I knew the whole show was silly to begin with, but very beautiful. I adapted much to gore now. Not that I search for it, but I can handle it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree that the show "could" end on that episode if necessary, although it's sad if it does and nothing ever does work out again.

My personal feelings -- having Red Dragon crammed into six episodes felt rushed. I wish they would have trimmed down the first part of the season instead and given it one or two more. I also didn't enjoy the finale as much as I enjoyed episodes and finales from the first two seasons.

it had some good stuff, I just wouldn't place it as high on the scale, which is a bummer if it's a series closer.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

So, how did you interpret the very last scene, after the credits began to roll?

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    So, how did you interpret the very last scene, after the credits began to roll?

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My personal feelings -- having Red Dragon crammed into six episodes felt rushed. I wish they would have trimmed down the first part of the season instead and given it one or two more.
    I agree strongly with this. I was completely disinterested in the first half of the season. I think I recall hearing the news that NBC had cancelled really early in the season, otherwise I would hold the first six episodes responsible for dooming the show (I'm sure they didn't help the ratings to cause any second thoughts). There should have been one or two episodes worked to get Hannibal into custody, skip Mason completely, then on to the Red Dragon.

I enjoyed the finale. Thought it was a good wrap up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I did enjoy a lot of the first half of the season (the Hannibal+Bedelia in Europe stuff was OMG) but I didn't like the Mason Verger stuff much. Honestly, for me it came down to I just didn't like the way the new actor played him. It reminded me of the Bugs Bunny gangster and took me out of the show too much.

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think Mason needed to be trimmed back (or postponed) for the good of the show... The book "Hannibal" just wasn't as compelling as "Red Dragon."...but I have to admit, I did laugh at a lot of him... a role so big they needed two actors to fill it.

(Actually more like one said, "I'm tired of having a jigsaw of rubber glued to my face" and the new guy probably got paid extra to suffer through it.)

I can't remember how much more seriously Harris tried to write Mason, but on the big screen he works best as a scenery-chewing, sardonic nut. I was always wondering what crazy thing he would say next that would send the censors into a tittering tizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It reminded me of the Bugs Bunny gangster...
    Edward G. Robinson, see?
    Likes Ivy, Totenkindly liked this post