User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have two episodes saved, I'll need to watch them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    ^ This reinstated my former practice of to 'never watch a show until it's over.'
    Yes, that might be for the best.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

nooooooooooooooo I guess I can't complain, I haven't watched this season yet. I was planning to binge-watch it on demand when I got a free day.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm hoping/expecting cable to pick it up. Biggest issue would simply be the financial return, but it could help flesh out an already decent programming line-up for someone. There's no question that it's a unique show with its own voice, with high production and acting qualities. Fuller already had Season 4 mapped out, so he's keeping a positive relationship with NBC by not dissing them while the producers are searching for new partners.

I'll give NBC credit in the sense that I was shocked this ran on non-cable network for three seasons. It was pushing some boundaries.

NBC's 'Hannibal' Canceled After Three Seasons - The Hollywood Reporter

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I'm enjoying it.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just watched episode s3e2 (and have the others taped), and I'm reminded why I really like this show. I've seen very few things that capture subjective psychology of the characters this well... and to see it on TV versus a movie? (reference "Under the Skin" as one of those movies.)

But at the same time it explains the bad ratings. I like being disturbed, I like knowing not exactly what is real, I like trying to filter through Will's perceptions and see what he is seeing and putting things together, I like things being ambiguous and confusing and unsettling. But TV audiences (especially major networks) just don't really have a high demographic of people like that, I think; it's too art-housey and only a TV niche market at best. Which is why cable might be able to handle the show, if a network can devote proper resources to the project.

Episode 2 was just great. And sad. And hopeful. And disappointing. And pretty brilliant. It really pulled on me mentally and emotionally. We finally get a partial sense of how things went down at the end of Season 2 but... who knows where this is going?

Except to the Tooth Fairy, eventually.

... also, another book character is introduced.

EDIT: Cause for hope? From the wiki:
    "On June 22, 2015, NBC cancelled the series. Fuller has initiated talks with Amazon Prime and Netflix for a renewal."

EDIT1: Oh, back in S3e1, at the end, there's this great shot of Hannibal sitting on a train with a luggage chest that reminds me a TON of the end of the movie "Let the Right One In." I can't really believe that's a mistake. (Except it's making you wonder who is representing who.)

EDIT2: Caught up now (through s3e4). Things are kind of falling into place, I think they're trying to set up the placement of all the characters for the beginning of Red Dragon, which would likely start with e7.

Likes Hawthorne, johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jack Crawford is a Boss.

The oral sex jokes in this show are pretty racy for regular ol' broadcast TV. I could hardly believe Verger said: "I bet you had a taste of him too. Spitters are quitters, and you don't look like a quitter to me."
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Considering they are starting Dolarhyde up in 2 episodes or so... I don't think Hannibal is gonna escape. Everyone is being put into position for the next act.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The oral sex jokes in this show are pretty racy for regular ol' broadcast TV. I could hardly believe Verger said: "I bet you had a taste of him too. Spitters are quitters, and you don't look like a quitter to me."
    I was pretty shocked they got away with that, but damn .... I love this show.

Mason's like the anti-Lecter. Both are smart, but Lecter is refined while Mason isn't ashamed to go right for the gutter.

I love the show too. However, I fear it's moving too slow. No I don't think the pace of the show is too slow. I just think it might not survive for so long due to ratings if they continue with the same pace. It would kill the theme of the show to speed things up, but I feel that's the only way the show would reach an ending before being cancelled. Besides they were initially planning for 7 seasons. No way that's going to happen I thought back then.

Genuine concern.

Also are they going to give Will a break from the show once Clarice Starling is introduced? She seems no way close to the intrigue Will provides though Silence of the lambs was amazing.

Will is just too amazing to be taken off the show. But maybe the viewers would get tired of him, and I fear the they would get tired of Hannibal too if it goes on like this.