First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I liked your original spelling of "spoilered" better.

Do you think if it was a long con, maybe the gun had a blank and what we saw might not have been real? It seemed somewhat staged to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you think if it was a long con, maybe the gun had a blank and what we saw might not have been real? It seemed somewhat staged to me.
    Ohhh no, I took screenshots:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Ginkgo

So I caved and watched the last few episodes. This shit's getting interesting.

Sorry for my cranky attitude earlier. I know how much a whiner can pollute someone's level of enjoyment.

Also, @simulatedworld, you've convinced me. Frankly, Will is just a little too close for a comfort to me, as far as his psychological makeup compares to mine. I think you probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    So I caved and watched the last few episodes. This shit's getting interesting.

Sorry for my cranky attitude earlier. I know how much a whiner can pollute someone's level of enjoyment.
    With a liver so full of bile, you will likely at least survive the season without becoming an entrée.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

With a liver so full of bile, you will likely at least survive the season without becoming an entrée.
    According to the books, does Will actually die? Or was the first episode of season two alluding to a deceptive coup in which Will faked his death? I'm guessing he actually dies. #doesntafraidofspoilers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    According to the books, does Will actually die? Or was the first episode of season two alluding to a deceptive coup in which Will faked his death? I'm guessing he actually dies.
    Answer posted via rep.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Oh boy! Round 12! Methinks things are about to escalate.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Major spoilers on recent episode 12:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just watched it.

I have to say, I love the show's confidence especially in its pacing. Not only has the season been a slow inevitable build, but this episode starts with a lot of very measured, very slow and quiet delivery (especially the scenes with Bedilia.) The show uses sound and imagery to fill in the gaps. And I can imagine the same lines being said by less competent actors (because the lines themselves are not complicated) and falling very very flat.... but here they are agonizing to listen to, in how they're delivered. Just slow, crawling, quiet, measured.... I keep wanting to push to the next line and instead I have to live in that tension of waiting to hear what they're going to say next.

@johnnyyukon: I had much of the same reaction as you did. How is NBC getting away with this? That's awesome, though. Much of those scenes were also coated in shadow, so we never clearly see things. Note the mask element at the end as well -- brilliant idea. And Hannibal again shows how he is knowledgeable and precise, he wins by cunning and precision, not necessarily by brute force.

I also love the foreshadowing in the episode -- Will's initial vision in the opening scene balanced against things that happen later.

and the symbolism and loaded dialogue between Jack and Hannibal as they eat the main entree involving the gelatin mold.

Anyway, so much has happened here now to fit with what book readers might know.

major episode spoilers here

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I just watched it.
    And I can imagine the same lines being said by less competent actors (because the lines themselves are not complicated) and falling very very flat.... but here they are agonizing to listen to, in how they're delivered. Just slow, crawling, quiet, measured

@johnnyyukon: I had much of the same reaction as you did. How is NBC getting away with this? That's awesome, though. Much of those scenes were also coated in shadow, so we never clearly see things. Note the mask element at the end as well -- brilliant idea. And Hannibal again shows how he is knowledgeable and precise, he wins by cunning and precision, not necessarily by brute force.

and the symbolism and loaded dialogue between Jack and Hannibal as they eat the main entree involving the gelatin mold.
    Yeah, these are powerful actors, and even when they speak softly, there's a huge gravity in their delivery. Brilliant.