Thread: Maleficent

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Maleficent

I haven't been this excited for a movie since Alice in Wonderland came out 4 years ago.

For those who are unfamiliar, Maleficent will tell the tale of the original sleeping beauty, from the prospective of the villainess. It's said we'll learn the "true" story and reasons of the events that unfold, and how it turned maleficent's "pure heart to stone".

What I am so excited about for this movie, is that who is the defined protagonist, and antagonist, will not be entirely clear. Each side will have aspects of both, and I love that in stories. The main character is regarded as one of the most intriguing characters Disney has ever created. While sleeping beauty never struck me as all that interesting of a movie as a child, I have to agree the back story behind maleficent is one of the deeper ones. Now that they are developing it, and I have looked into it more, it seems to be very true.

Angelina Jolie is playing Maleficent. I was unsure of this casting, but after seeing the posters, and trailers, she could not be more perfect for this part. She is capturing the character so well. This stands to be one of my most beloved characters of all time as well. I am fascinated by powerful, and evil women. There is just something about me that completely enchants me, and has since I was little.

It's been written by Linda Woolverton, who has written the script for several disney movies, including the most recent alice in wonderland (one of my all time favorites). If the script will be as any good as that, this will be truly incredible.

See for yourself, this is going to be absolutely amazing.

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why, oh why, were you excited for Alice in Wonderland?

Oz: The Great and Powerful was great, yes, but Alice in Wonderland?

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Hard

I am also super excited for this movie, Maleficent is my favourite of favourite Disney villains.

If this movie ends up being bad, I may actually murder people in the street.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post

Yeah, that actually isn't a selling point for me.

I have positive feelings for Linda Woolverton for her work on Disney's "Beauty and the Beast," and a few other earlier Disney pics she worked on, but I wouldn't exactly call Alice in Wonderland a feather in her cap.

PS. I didn't really like Oz the Great and Powerful either, it was about 50% good ideas, 50% poor execution and casting. And the monkey SUCKED. As well as the WWW. How can any movie that f*cks up the WWW be considered "great" let alone passable? Her whole character arc made no sense, it was poorly implemented and miscast.

Since Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain, I have a lot of concerns about commercializing her in a project like this. I admit to being impressed by the first two trailers I saw, and Jolie seemed to do fine, but... just not sure yet.

EDIT: Trailer 3 concerns me. Less sure than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I am also super excited for this movie, Maleficent is my favourite of favourite Disney villains.

If this movie ends up being bad, I may actually murder people in the street.
    yes, that actually sums it up.

I wouldn't kill people in the streets for Joe Carroll, but I might be willing to reconsider for the Empress of All Evil.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What if they made a live-action movie about The Horned King? The mysteriousness of his character makes his back story very interesting.

Yeah I think this movie has potential... would love for it to be awesome/would love for Jolie to be awesome in it...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yes, that actually sums it up.

I wouldn't kill people in the streets for Joe Carroll, but I might be willing to reconsider for the Empress of All Evil.

There will be rampaging and rivers of blood if it's not good. Disney has already killed my all time favourite fairy tale by making it TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND SHE GETS THE GUY IN THE END WHICH SHE DOESNT IN **ANY** OF THE RETELLINGS OF THE FAIRY TALE.

FUCK YOU FOR FUCKING UP THE LITTLE MERMAID, DISNEY.

Okay. Sorry. Had to get that out.

Anyway, after they ruined my childhood with the abomination of a re-telling that is the little mermaid, if they make Maleficent terrible, there will be blood. Oh yes, there will be blood.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post

Becauae alice in wonderland is one of my favorite stories, tim burton is my favorite directer, and helena bohnem carter ia my favorite actress. The movie was the epitome of dark whimsy. I felt it could have been a lot darker but it was gold enough. It had so many things I love, and i loved the concept of her going back to wonderland years later. So so cool.

Never saw OZ. Didnt have enough appeal for me to go see.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    ...See for yourself, this is going to be absolutely amazing.

She looks like a True Neutral forest demi-god trying to protect her forest from the greed of men...? Her intentions feel nobler... Why the small fairies cooperate wit h men though? Are they paying tribute to men for their own survival? And Maleficent is staging a revolution to free the fairy-folk and the forest?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    She looks like a True Neutral forest demi-god trying to protect her forest from the greed of men...? Her intentions feel nobler... Why the small fairies cooperate wit h men though? Are they paying tribute to men for their own survival? And Maleficent is staging a revolution to free the fairy-folk and the forest?

Sent via Tapatalk