User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default WoW, it just sucks the life out you

Did it for me, and I merely ordered a 10-day trial from a website and spent few of my waiting hours watching World of Warcraft videos on youtube. Never again.

*wears his running shoes and goes for a run*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Run, Forrest, run!!!!

WoW is dangerous.
    (Player, beware!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    WoW is dangerous.
    I already got dreaming of 5-boxing, botting, finishing instances in record times and all other WoW nerdery.. and I thought WTF? Starting from having just one character and playing an hour a day, through what leap of logic am I striving for some "achievements" in there?

It was terrible to care about any of the game concepts at a time.

I already imagined a smell sweat in my apartment, concept of time eluding, desire to live normally weakening.. weakening..

So my alarm ran and I said to myself, wake up foo!

Still, half the day is spoiled by having remembered all that Uhh now I need an emergency dose of LIFE

Why oh why am I weak for such useless pursuits Blessed be those who always have a good grip on reality. It's impossible to lure certain kind of sensible people to the trap named Wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The game is woven to snare the fly.
    Honey is always sweeter when stuck to the feet.
    When that happens, you cannot move.

^^^ My tribute to Wildcat.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I finally found a happy medium with the game. I used to be extremely addicted to it, to the point that I would get home from work every day, log in until I passed out at around 1:30AM, and then 12 hours a day on the weekends.

Now I play about 3 hours a week, and I am really enjoying it. I am still able to have fun without losing myself to it. I guess it's all about balance.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was playing all the time (seriously, I mean like 30 hours a week) until like March. It was because I was so depressed, and the game has an (1) easy reward structure and (2) socializing without having to go out and (3) persona customization where I could be whomever I wanted and be accepted.

Once I changed my living arrangements and started extroverting a lot more (and having opportunities to do that), my playtime dwindled quickly to 10 hour a week, then down to nothing.

Now I force myself to login every 10 days or so, for an hour or two, just to stay in touch with people.

But yes, remember that the game is designed to be addictive, especially to the novice crowd.

MBTI
    ENTP

Wait till Starcraft II comes out... (if you're into that...)
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Honey is always sweeter when stuck to the feet.
    See, Spirilis? I told you!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    See, Spirilis? I told you!
    hrrm, I thot that was old beer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Nah.. WoW only lasted about a month for me, which sucks because I paid for 3 months =( Now, Ragnarok Online, THAT is crack. The kind of crack that still keeps calling for me... Such good times