User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The way to cure a WoW addiction is to find a better game.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

WoW is what killed any sort of levelling game for me. There were some addictive moments at some points, and some very boring points of just waiting for that dang level to just show the heck up already. (I quit after six months out of boredom, than came back for 5 months or so, waitied for another month after boredom, than deleted all characters and completely quit after a swing in the "addiction" direction.) There were a few good moments as well, but the boredom from the levelling game tends to stretch these out more and more.

If you do feel like you just need to play, try and find a way to spend time away from the computer it is on.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think I'll 2-box bot a 2-member group to 70. I bought keys to a botting program and have been setting it up. That's something interesting.

I've found more interesting things to do by setting up the bot than I've found by playing the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I began my descent into madness about a month after WoW hit the shelves. Grinding out 1-60 was one of the most mind-numbing experiences of my life and as testament to that it took me more than 7 months to hit endgame territory. Life at 60 wasn't as sleep-inducing - I found a good guild, did a bunch of raiding and pvp. Then the the Harbinger of my Doom, otherwise known as The Burning Crusade, hit the WoWiverse. Many people cheered and rejoiced at all the new content and I'm loathe to admit at first I was one of the happy mindless masses. Then I realized that at its core there was nothing particularly novel about the expansion. You can take a jalopy, throw a coat of paint on it and stuff a CD player in the dash but that doesn't make it a new car. It got to where I considered the game such a waste of time that I started making death threats to myself. Either I was going to stop playing or I was going start beating myself into a pulp. A few blows to the head later and here I am WoW free for over a year and only a little worse for wear.

MBTI
    INFJ

i started about 5 months ago, went from ally (they suck) to horde (much, much better)

i haven't had much time to play much as i have 2 jobs, so even starting out, i could only play 3-5/day...

and so now, i play at a comforatble 3-6 hrs/day, but i also take time off to go to the bar or sing or even just watch a movie...

even now, when i have to work only my weekend job, during the week, i just get on and play, log out. then get on and play, then log out...

heh, not too addicted to any games... i just like it to be there to fill in some boring times i would otherwise have...

MBTI
    ENFP

I tried to play but I think I don't understand it. It isn't at all addicting to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just walk around and do quests.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ Same here. I'm sure if I knew wtf was going on I'd become addicted.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never played it. Although I can't see why it wouldn't help me.

Although I don't like fantasy games that much. They never appeal to me. Now EVE Online on the other hand, is something that would appeal to me; I love space games. I just don't want to pay $14 a month to play it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Okay, I might be hooked and I'm trying to entice Cafe into the 10 trial thingy. How the hell do you kill the forest spiders and wolves? And what's with those assholes in the forest that suck the life out of you? I must have died a thousand times.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Not you too Jen!? You have a family!