• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could only learn one weaponless martial art, what would it be?

If you could only learn one weaponless martial art, what would it be?

• Total voters

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
The one weaponless marital art I would like to become adept at is - spanking.

MARTIAL? Oh.

Nevermind.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always wanted to box. My grandpa was a boxer and he lost his teeth and had to get dentures in his 20s after one especially dirty fight.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ju-jitsu. I don't know more than half of those listed, but Ju-jitsu seemed pretty badass when I saw it on TV.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
IMO, Kali (a Filipino martial art) is the best. Although not a weaponless art, but you can always find an improvised weapon. This is particularly important, because, in an actual combat, you are likely to be outnumbered.

Hells yes. Eskrima/Kali FTW. I'd learn that. Or Krav Maga which was also missing from the poll for some reason.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Xingyiquan

Is a chinese martial arts focusing on powerful hand techinques to disable or "plow" through your oponent and low foot work.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Jeet Kune Do. I've done Tae Kwon Do and while it is a beautiful art it is not that practical in a street fight unless you are of a high level respectively. Jeet Kune Do is designed to be personalized to the individual, only down side is that it is taught by hardly anyone.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"Daito-Ryu" Aiki-judo-jujutsu - its the common link between Judo, Aikido, and Jujutsu. Its mainly comprised of getting your opponents into a defenseless position as quickly as possible with the least amount of effort. It involves alot with submissions, throws, grapples and such, but also one-hit-takeouts, which I think is genius. Because if you think about it, there are a lot of ways to take somebody out of a fight really quick. Knock the air of out somebody the right way and they're gasping for the next 30 seconds or so (AKA: SOL irl)

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Krav Maga. If you're going to fight, then the point isn't to subdue your opponent. It's to hurt them so badly that they remember not only the humiliation, but the outright pain involved.

Half of the techniques in KM start with a low blow. There are no rules. Things like eye rakes, throwing sand in someone's eyes, and all out just fighting plain dirty are absolutely encouraged.

And considering the human body has so mean weak spots and ways to shatter important bones or knock out/kill in short order, it shouldn't be too difficult for someone skilled in KM to destroy someone else. And for all of these grappling type martial arts, guess what? If a guy is on your back trying to get a chokehold, punch him in the nuts. Gouge his eyes. Take control of one of his fingers that's not yet locked in and bend it and shatter it.

All of these things are outright illegal in MMA due to the danger they have of permanently injuring someone.

But if you're going to fight...

ISN'T THAT THE POINT?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aikido. I'm small, and I like the idea of using an opponent's energy against him, while expending little of my own. It's not an attacker's martial art, it's defense based, and I admire the concept of defense without attacker's aggression.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've heard and seen awesome things from ju-jitsu from a student of it.. but if I didn't learn that, good old fashioned wrestling would be for me.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Aikido. I'm small, and I like the idea of using an opponent's energy against him, while expending little of my own. It's not an attacker's martial art, it's defense based, and I admire the concept of defense without attacker's aggression.

Very realistic approach. A good choice must be based on one's basic strength and weakness.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Krav Maga. If you're going to fight, then the point isn't to subdue your opponent. It's to hurt them so badly that they remember not only the humiliation, but the outright pain involved.

Half of the techniques in KM start with a low blow. There are no rules. Things like eye rakes, throwing sand in someone's eyes, and all out just fighting plain dirty are absolutely encouraged.

And considering the human body has so mean weak spots and ways to shatter important bones or knock out/kill in short order, it shouldn't be too difficult for someone skilled in KM to destroy someone else. And for all of these grappling type martial arts, guess what? If a guy is on your back trying to get a chokehold, punch him in the nuts. Gouge his eyes. Take control of one of his fingers that's not yet locked in and bend it and shatter it.

All of these things are outright illegal in MMA due to the danger they have of permanently injuring someone.

But if you're going to fight...

ISN'T THAT THE POINT?

Yeah, it sounds like something that would be awesome to be a master of. I can't help but think it'd be a really nasty and painful form of martial arts to learn though. KM sparring? "Pair up guys, and practice punching each other in the balls. After that, try some eye-gouging. We'll finish up with a bit of light sand-flinging."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've done Jiu Jitsu, and although I enjoyed it, I would love to learn some Kung Fu. The idea to draw inspiration from certain types of animals is what is appealing to me.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Aikido

/agree, though Im about 5' 11'' so without the small part :)

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Boxing. I wish I could find a gym around here, but there really aren't any.

Boxing works well on the street - great defensive skills and offense. Very practical martial art.

Plus I love to watch it and I think it would be fun as long as your sparring partner isn't trying to KO you.

I also think BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai, Wrestling, and Krav Maga would be fun and effective systems.