• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Other TTRPGs

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I love D&D
It is powerful storytelling.

I play D&D once or twice a week;
I have had incredible adventures!
I would love to hear your D&D campaigns too!!

My friend recently killed himself and me both;...
He had the brilliant idea to set powder kegs behind us as a booby-trap,
He literally blew us both off the mountain.
Altruistically, I tried to reach out a hand to try to save him...
and he pulled me down to my death.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, yes D&D adventures. Like one time I played a Human Monk in a particularly devious campaign. A geas was put on me that I should not have any fun, unless I were drunk, and what's more, more drunk than the Dungeon Master. He could drink much for a such a small fellow. The game started with the drawing of straws, the winner would mix potions from anything in the kitchen and we all had quaff it no matter how foul. It was the test of Fortitude. Then the Dwarf and the Dragon Born would work themselves into a frenzy and wrestle on the kitchen floor, none were safe from the maelstrom.

Once, mid-adventure, the Dwarf's 6 year old demon-spawn, Armand, woke up and wanted to tussle in the backyard with the hounds. His mother, a Half-Elf Wizard explained that it was midnight. Armand raged and demanded that the Wizard make the sun rise, he screamed and ranted for an hour, "Make it come up!" His shrill voice threatened our very sanity, until she placated him with a Pop Tart produced from a silver wrapper. That is just one of many of the Pop Tart Tales.

My brothers in arms still reminisce of those glorious days when we talk through our, uh, portable magic mirror thingies. My days of heroics are long past.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few funny ones:

2nd level characters, the first campaign I ever played in (and this was long ago, maybe 1987). We found a Decanter of Endless Water but didn't know what it was, until the fighter/cleric said, "Hope you guys are okay," and since the keyword was "geyser" someone got a faceful of water. Well, shortly after, we ended up in this dungeon and heard ponderous steps coming down the stairway, then these tree-trunk legs. Everyone freaked.

BUt we had also found a scroll (Grease), and so someone read it and cast it on the step, and someone let loose with the Decanter as the creature stepped on it, and Bubba the Half-Ogre (as we affectionately called him) fell to the bottom of the steps, dropping his weapon. That's when we all ran up and just began to wail on him. I think Phester the cleric is who finally finished him off. He never even got up; everyone was hopped up on adrenaline, since we knew if he got up, we were doomed.

------

I once played a pixie named Bixby. He talked very very fast (like the squirrel in Hoodwinked, although that came out many years after the campaign). Bixby was a wizard specialized in the enchanting school; in fact, he would fly around and tell everyone that he was a powerful enchanter, even though he was only 4-5th level at best. My goal was to make him as annoying as possible and it worked.

Eventually he got captured and stuffed in a Bag of Holding. There was other stuff in the bag with him, and in the process of trying to use those items, he managed to rupture the bag, which created a black-hole vortex that almost sucked him in. Thank goodness for magic resistance; somehow I made the roll, and with Bixby's little wings beating frantically, he managed to pull out of the vortex before it sucked him in. He spent the rest of the time telling everyone how he escaped his magical prison because of his amazing magical powers.

---

We were playing Worlds of Darkness last fall, and our goal was to steal a briefcase back from the faction of vampires who had grabbed it. The vampires and the mages were in an all-out war at this point in Chicago.

Unfortunately, the guys who swiped it were in one of the city's safe houses (a public location where you cannot attack each other or your life is forfeit, based on the established rules). The baddies were also too bad for us, we figured we would get wiped to fight them all face to face. I played a young Daeva vampire with celerity and buku social skills / powers and even with the attractiveness feat (whatever it is), so I managed to distract the guys at the bar long enough to set them at ease... then grabbed the briefcase and RAN, full-out Celerity. (Made my swipe roll, totally caught them off-guard, and I was gone.)

Turns out the other vampire was faster than me, barely.

So there we are, people dining and hanging out around us, and these two vampires go flashing across the lobby, me with the briefcase, the other guy trying to cut me with a knife. (He does actually cut me once, badly.) The one baddie goes werebear, and my friend goes weresnake; and our mage friends start casting stuff. The one Luck mage casts a stone wall in front of the other vampire, whoruns smack into it, recovers, and speed-runs around it.

However, I can tell the guy chasing me will catch up if I get out in the open, and I'm going to be dead, so I run out the revolving door and then right back into the hotel, with the other vampire guy chasing me. He gets hung up in the door for a crucial second, though. Now we're running BACK across the room we just ran across. It's like a Benny Hill TV episode.

The mages hit the stairs and force-lock the door behind them as protection, so I can't get out that way. Meanwhile, other mages and vamps and normal humans who have no clue what is going on (they don't even know the hotel is a safe location for the WoD races) are all screaming and running around trying to escape the building. (DId I mention this is a posh hotel in Chicago?) My snake buddy and the werebear (about 10' tall now) are wrestling each other and smashing things.

I run for the women's bathroom, get inside, slam the door and latch it just as the vampire shows up. Apparently he doesn't have superstrength, because I can hear him screaming outside and banging on the door but he can't get through. I run towards the window, toss out the briefcase, then shimmy out myself, grab the briefcase and run into the road in front of a car. I charm the guy, who lets me in, and we drive off into the night.

Sadly, my weresnake buddy loses the fight and the werebear rips him to pieces. Meanwhile, I fail my save and go into some kind of blood trance and lose track of my surroundings for a few hours and inadvertently leave the briefcase in the car with this dude. By the time I track him down later, he and his wife opened it, releasing a zombie armageddon on the city of Chicago.

Meanwhile the vamp and mage communities are pissed because the truce got violated, so now we're walking dead ourselves unless we can talk our way out of the mess.

G

garbage

Mine was a human barbarian, because I always deal with the no-nonsense physical classes. His parents, twin brother and sister, were abandoned and raised by wolves--and so he was almost like a first-generation immigrant into the human race.

My friends and I couldn't meet up anymore, and so we made up epilogues for our characters where they all died. Mine got mauled by his adopted grandparents and their pack.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I currently have a dwarven druid, 10ish level. Didn't know how powerful those druids were when I picked up the class. If you are resourceful enough, they can escape any situation and kill almost any beast. For example, I turned roof of a dungeon into mud which fell on top of a dragon, then turned it into stone again. I also have the ability to walk into stone, which is the ultimate escape/ambush mechanism, especially with ability to transmute mud/rock.

In one of our first games, we had a house rule that rolling natural 20 in critical check would give you extra critical multiplier. Rolling another natural 20 would mean instant kill (that meant that each hit had a 0.0125% chance of being insta kill). One guy ended up beheading town's master-at-arms with a wooden sword during training session. I think he was a cleric or a mage. :D

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
we had a house rule that rolling natural 20 in critical check would give you extra critical multiplier. Rolling another natural 20 would mean instant kill (that meant that each hit had a 0.0125% chance of being insta kill). One guy ended up beheading town's master-at-arms with a wooden sword during training session. I think he was a cleric or a mage. :D

Haha that is awesome!!

several several years ago my friend happened to kill a massive eternal God of Fire and Destruction, an undying wrath of bullshit and whatever etc/etc,
with his shitty rusty sword, that he had been slavishly clutching/carrying and the whole campaign......
After that he called the sword Fireheart, and he became a horrible MONSTER, and the primary antagonist of our campaign.
He is still, forever, AND ALWAYS, my bane. My Enemy.

-----------

I am also deep into a Star Wars RPG -
(Edge Of The Empire, with heavily-modified mechanics)

We are (after a fashion...) a tight-knit and cohesive group!

Sure - One of us MAY have ripped a bank-vault out of the earth, and while-doing-so leveled half the city and killed hundreds or thousands of people in a horrific firestorm of molten-metal and carnage that scorched the planet irrevocably.....
Sure - One of us may be a disgraced Cor-Sec police-officer who went on a personal vendetta, brutally murdering her way through the ranks of a powerful gang, and leaving the entire district littered with bodies and horror, only to find that she had caused massive widespread destabilization of the galactic economy, and had branded herself a kill-on-sight criminal.
But we have a good times too. ...

We recently found a secret corporate bio-lab.
And after blowing a massive-crater-hole in the side of it,
The Lead-Scientist presented us with a possibility;
He had created a tremendous Super-Computer of unbelievable and colossal power!
perhaps capable of altering the fate of the universe...
But it was a horrible biological-hybrid that he had built into the mind and body of his unwilling son;
It fed off his son's mind, and used him for it's power,
creeping into his body and mind, and tearing at him to calculate it's dark processes.

Our Party argued.....
It was unthinkably terrible!
If you have any love, any humanity, this must be ended!!!
but Perhaps by doing the unthinkably horrible, we could save the universe - ?
If we could shoulder an awful burden, we could use this horrible weapon to end a war -
In doing so we would become villains, un-redeemable horrors , and sacrifice our humanity -
but we would secure a future for others.
Perhaps it is worth it?
to bring peace to it all?

But our Pilot is brazen and headstrong and loving,
so she pulled her gun and put a bullet in the head of the "super-computer", ending the discussion.

Now we are wrecked and divided.

Passacaglia

The Cool In-Game Moment

I was playing a campaign in college run by a balls-to-the-walls story-focused DM. My character was a mystic theurge (aka magic-user), and her party was questing around in the Underdark. We come upon an illithid (aka mind flayer) fortress, complete with a moat full of poisonous fumes, and decide that we have to get in. The fortress' defenders include some kind of badass illithid caster, who proceeds to grab and start brain-sucking my character while they're both using flight spells to hover above the poison-filled moat. Knowing that with the illithid's spell resistance and her own pathetic Str score she has no good way of escaping its deadly tentacles, she decides that if she's going to die she'll take the monster with her. So I tell the DM "I grab the illithid with both hands, and fly straight down. No, not to the ground; into the moat. At full speed. Hard. Yes, really." Amazingly -- or not, in retrospect, -- my character landed atop the illithid, which splatted satisfyingly upon impact, while she survived the fall and the poison thanks to a decent Con score.

To this day, I refer to this as 'My Gandalf moment.' :D

The Goofy Metagame Moment

In a different campaign under a very different DM, I was rolling up a sorcerer because my last fighter had died. We were using the 3.5 ruleset, in which normally sorcerer spells become full-round actions when a metamagic effect is added to them.* But there's some splat book with an option allowing sorcerers to trade their familiar for the ability to cast metamagiced spells normally. Since I don't care for familiars anyway, I ask the DM if I can use this particular splat option and explain what it does. This guy was an old school DM, and it turns out he even didn't know about the normal sorcerer-metamagic rule to begin with -- he thought that sorcerers could use metamagic as easily as wizards! After a brief pause, I press "So...?"

To which he replies "Sure, you can use the special metamagic option in exchange for your familiar!" :doh:

Moral of the Story: Rules lawyering can work against players, too.

Passacaglia

I currently have a dwarven druid, 10ish level. Didn't know how powerful those druids were when I picked up the class. If you are resourceful enough, they can escape any situation and kill almost any beast. For example, I turned roof of a dungeon into mud which fell on top of a dragon, then turned it into stone again. I also have the ability to walk into stone, which is the ultimate escape/ambush mechanism, especially with ability to transmute mud/rock.
Sounds like you were playing 3.0 or 3.5. Yeah, druids are ridiculous in that edition. :D

Passacaglia

By the time I track him down later, he and his wife had opened it, releasing a zombie armageddon on the city of Chicago.
Home wrecker. :D

More seriously, I always wanted to give the White Wolf games an honest go -- I even own the Exalted 2e core book* -- but I've only played any of them twice. The first was playing a single session of V:tM under a diceless story-teller who I didn't like all that much, and the second was about a week of a play-by-post Exalted campaign. I think I would have stuck with the Exalted campaign if it had been face-to-face, but alas, that experience was part of me learning that I just can't keep my focus in such a slow-paced format. :(

*Which I now kinda feel like was a waste of money, given that they're working on a 3e ruleset, and apparently fixing a lot of broken stuff.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my current campaign, I ended up playing an evil character.
I didn't plan to be evil, it just happened.
I started as neutral.

I'm running a Tengu Mystic who was driven out of her home when young and thus took up refuge with the dwarves, who helped her develop the psionic powers that got her excommunicated to start with. She's always had a chip on her shoulder and planned to one day make the Tengu nation respect her and apologize... she sees herself as the "best kind of tengu" and an example others should aspire to. As part of this, I ended up in a ragtag group of adventurers seeking glory and fortune, to build a name for ourselves.

Our opening adventure involved a huge demon slug trashing an entire city. (One of our party was swallowed and died.) The baron's son was kidnapped, and by the time we tracked him down, he was being transformed into something else and got carried off through a portal into the abyssal regions, where we weren't powerful enough to go. Apparently this cult planned to transform this boy into some kind of vessel for some long-lost evil god to return to the material plane within, once the day of reckoning arrived.

In the course of exploring what to do about this, I acquired a book about souls, transformations, and other dark arts. In the course of reading it (to help the boy and expand my personal knowledge), my soul became darker. Of course, I had to find some soul stones and learn how to wield this power, so that I could help the boy when the time came. However, trapping other beings and capturing souls in gems is viewed as an evil act, and my alignment suffered accordingly (to neutral evil).

I actually have had fun playing into it. I still claim to not be evil, even if some NPCs and party members are dubious of my goodwill. I'm merely pragmatic. I'm learning how to wield this power for a good cause and in the end will also prove that I am the superior tengu, so that my people will accept me as their rightful leader. So it all works out for anyone. And if I have to use some souls I find in gems, or I have to trap an outsider and wield some of their powers against their will to reach my goals (which are going to save the world), well, of course that's allowable.

To go along with this, I branched into Thrallherd and now have followers who are proclaiming my goodness, as well as a little gnome Dread named Carnage who worships the ground I walk on and scares the crap out of anyone who dares challenge me.

My most recent debacle: I acquired a soulstone with a monadic deva in it (he hates me), who I've tried to use to planar shift with. I was powerful enough to override his defiance (and kept telling the party he had agreed to stay in the gem in order to help us fight this great evil), but he still would sabotage my efforts, and we almost got stuck on another plane of existence with little way off. What a douche. I hate him so much. He's been obnoxious to me when I try to argue with him (in his stone) and get him to help me. Why is he so non-compliant? Tonight I'm going to let him out (he's a pain in my butt and we need him to help us get some more allies), but it's going to be ugly.

There's another issue: Most of my soulstones have lesser critters in them (an umbral dragon, a fire elemental, two shadow demons, etc.), but I found this massive soulstone that is both terrifying and fascinating. I figured out it houses a balor (= the equivalent of a balrog). I'm only a 9th level character. If I am in a hateful mood toward the deva and he gives me lip, I'm tempted to let out the balrog and then run like crazy.

Home wrecker. :D

More seriously, I always wanted to give the White Wolf games an honest go -- I even own the Exalted 2e core book* -- but I've only played any of them twice.

I played one round of Exalted (probably for about four months?), but it never really did much for me. There's some similarities in the very basic parts of the system between NWoD and Exalted, but I really really did not like Exalted so much that our gaming group never went back to us. But I'd play NWoD again in a heartbeat. The mechanics were pretty simple (compared to Exalted, even); and incremental build-up of skills rather than needing to level is another plus. Power/Skill improvement also seems more easily linked to actual gameplay. I also like the setting ... I'm into monsters, ghosts, hunters, and whatever else.

The first was playing a single session of V:tM under a diceless story-teller who I didn't like all that much, and the second was about a week of a play-by-post Exalted campaign. I think I would have stuck with the Exalted campaign if it had been face-to-face, but alas, that experience was part of me learning that I just can't keep my focus in such a slow-paced format. :(

*Which I now kinda feel like was a waste of money, given that they're working on a 3e ruleset, and apparently fixing a lot of broken stuff.

Yeah, we had the errata for Exalted and had to use it regularly. It was kind of a mess. I found the actual face-to-face sessions slow; I can't imagine it play-by-post. The learning curve was also atrocious... and I've played a number of games over the years (Star Wars, Top Secret, Gamma World, Champions, Paranoia, D&D, etc.)

Passacaglia

In my current campaign, I ended up playing an evil character.
I didn't plan to be evil, it just happened.
I started as neutral.
That's a great story! And very true to evil -- "I'm not evil, I'm pragmatic."

I actually stumbled upon TypeC because of alignment. I was researching how past editions have defined and treated it, and looking for interesting blogs on the topic. I found a blog where someone had mapped the 9-alignment grid onto a personality theory. And oh, I don't know if anyone here goes far enough back to remember this, but there used to be alignment languages in early D&D! Not like the full-fledged celestial and abyssal tongues and whatnot, but kinda like proto-languages that creatures of the different alignments universally understood. D&D's history is full of quirky stuff!

Anyhow, alignment is one of those things that I like in concept, but have never seen actually executed to my liking. Every edition gives them overly specific definitions and ties alignment to too many rules, or -- as in the two most recent editions -- divorces alignment from virtually everything, so it may as well not exist at all. Of course alignment is a hot-button topic, so maybe this is for the best. :ranting:

I played one round of Exalted (probably for about four months?), but it never really did much for me. There's some similarities in the very basic parts of the system between NWoD and Exalted, but I really really did not like Exalted so much that our gaming group never went back to us. But I'd play NWoD again in a heartbeat. The mechanics were pretty simple (compared to Exalted, even); and incremental build-up of skills rather than needing to level is another plus. Power/Skill improvement also seems more easily linked to actual gameplay. I also like the setting ... I'm into monsters, ghosts, hunters, and whatever else.
Haha, I like monsters and hunters too. Heck, I've watched too much Supernatural to deny it! But there's something about the 'It's like the real world, except...' premise that I find unsatisfying. I want my fantasy worlds to be fantastic. I do like that WoD at least has an explanation for why the world's general populace is unaware of all the supernatural stuff going on, unlike Supernatural, which is just like "Setting inconsist...oooh look it's Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles so hawt what was the problem again?"

Yeah, we had the errata for Exalted and had to use it regularly. It was kind of a mess. I found the actual face-to-face sessions slow; I can't imagine it play-by-post. The learning curve was also atrocious... and I've played a number of games over the years (Star Wars, Top Secret, Gamma World, Champions, Paranoia, D&D, etc.)
I'm hoping to find a steady group after I graduate in May, but if not, I'm planning to try a virtual tabletop program to scratch that gaming itch that I haven't been able to scratch for toooooooo long! (I hear good things about Roll20.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a great story! And very true to evil -- "I'm not evil, I'm pragmatic."

Yes, exactly. I'm not much for "OH I RAPE PUPPIES!" kind of evil and "OH I'M SUCH A GOODY TWO SHOES" kind of good, that's not how it works IRL really except for your extremists. Typically it's something more low-key and deeper-seated, and meanwhile "evil" people often don't view themselves as evil. Sumiko (my character) really doesn't think she's doing anything wrong; and the few times she really does cross a line and blatantly take advantage of someone, she feels like they deserved it because they were stupid or "it's just how life works, so you need to do this." She starts to take it personally when someone in her group labels her as "evil," since she's just being smart and successful and without her they'd fail (in her opinion).

[She's also a pain in the ass because she's the "knowledge skill wonk" of the group and has all 9's and higher in every field of knowledge known to the world, specializing in planar knowledge. Little Miss Know-It-All, and she's quick to remind everyone of how smart she is. Lol. She has a trait that lets her use her 20 Int for Intimidate checks instead of Char.]

It's really pretty interesting watching the group dynamics play out. We have an inquisitor who is very "good" and since I'm playing it this way and not being overly evil outwardly, he's kind of able to work with me... but he still feels compromised in some ways and vice versa. The rest of the party falls somewhere in the middle.

I actually stumbled upon TypeC because of alignment. I was researching how past editions have defined and treated it, and looking for interesting blogs on the topic. I found a blog where someone had mapped the 9-alignment grid onto a personality theory. And oh, I don't know if anyone here goes far enough back to remember this, but there used to be alignment languages in early D&D!

hahaha, yes! 1st edition AD&D, you could speak your "alignment language." At the time I accepted it (I was only 12) and then later was like, whut? But yeah, I'm not sure how it worked.

Anyhow, alignment is one of those things that I like in concept, but have never seen actually executed to my liking. Every edition gives them overly specific definitions and ties alignment to too many rules, or -- as in the two most recent editions -- divorces alignment from virtually everything, so it may as well not exist at all. Of course alignment is a hot-button topic, so maybe this is for the best. :ranting:

I basically agree. They try to define it too exactly and thus restrict it / stereotype it. I found a few sites that actually had decent overviews (and where I got part of my neutral evil concept from), I'll post them here if I find the links.

I'm hoping to find a steady group after I graduate in May, but if not, I'm planning to try a virtual tabletop program to scratch that gaming itch that I haven't been able to scratch for toooooooo long! (I hear good things about Roll20.)

I play periodically on Roll20 with a group from INTPf. (We're doing pathfinder.) I haven't GM'ed so I can't speak to that end, but it seems pretty good for what it is -- the ability to actually game with a group of players from literally all around the world. (About half of the group is from Australia, two are from the US, and 1-2 are from Europe.) You should give it a shot and see what you think. There's also an audio link through Roll20, although we all actually turn that off and use Skype (group call) for the audio portion.

With Roll20, you can set up all your common rolls ahead of time for your character via macros, so you just need to click a button to make an attack or a particular skill check. The GM can also control what portion of the map you see. It's kinda cool.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sumiko released the angel tonight. The angel was rather pissy and ended up Holy Smiting us once (with little effect). We talked him into laying off so we could all get along and defeat the demon who wanted to invade reality. still pissy, he told the psimole we had (a really dumb little psionic mole creature with an INT of 1) to lead us, zapped him, and basically transmogged him into a sentient psimole -- WIS14, INT16, DEX12, and even a small pool of power points, and speaking four language. So now it's leading us to our goal.

We also found an amulet that gives anyone with CL1 the ability to cast energy ray, so we wrapped it around the psimole, and I used my Craft Wondrous Items to make a levitating saucer so the psimole actually can sit in it and rise up and down. So he's like a flying intelligent psimole with the ability to fire a 3d6 energy ray twice a day.

This is just insane.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In one of my campaigns, I was a feral, savagr barbarian whose parents were raised by wolves, and my parents were likely siblings who were both abandoned at the same time.

I'd totally play more if my friends and I could get together consistently.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I accidentally found a +6 sword at a low level and people thought I was a God for a while. Then the sword, which was needed to save the world I guess, I didn't want to give it up because it was the source of my power.

~~~~

I play more Warhammer FRP than I do DnD now-a-days.. I play a troll slayer, and I'm quite fond of the "I don't give a shit I just want to kill things until I die" tank characters. :3 We were told to lay low for a while, me and my buddy.. and instead he started taking bets for me in fighting--I caught someone's eye even though my opponent threw the fight for quick coins, and so I was rushed off to an arena to play entertainment for a bunch of nobles--including the ones that told us to lay low. :doh:

Passacaglia

Although Dannick began this thread to hear and tell stories, I'd like to pose a different mini-topic for anyone interested. I'm a rules-tinker, and I'm always thinking about different ways that rpgs can be set up, and what I do and don't like about D&D in particular. So let's talk about class-based games, point-based games, and compromises between the two!

From [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]'s comments on WoD, it sounds like she prefers the freedom and immersion that comes with point-based character creation. I myself have mixed opinions on the subject. How 'bout the other TypeC gamers? :wizfreak: ...And do you think your opinion has to do with your type?

My rambly thoughts:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, we can discuss it here, or we could break that out into a new thread if people are interested.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I accidentally found a +6 sword at a low level and people thought I was a God for a while. Then the sword, which was needed to save the world I guess, I didn't want to give it up because it was the source of my power.
This sword belongeth not in the sheath of any mortal

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This sword belongeth not in the sheath of any mortal

Sadly, you'd think some level 15 fighter would say, "What's that geeky third-level guy doing with a sword that great? That should be MY sword!" and kill him for it.

I mean, day-um, a sword with +6 in bonuses (which I don't even know if legal, according to the rules -- doesn't it cap at +5?) would cost 72K in gold? That's a lot of money. You'd think even a non-fighter would be killing him (burning oil, clouds of arrows, dead adventurer in 5 seconds) just to sell it for gold.