User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

There is nothing wrong with enjoying fire, regardless of your alignment.

But you know your GM hates you when he starts putting fire-resistant critters into the game to mess with you, or even things that heal from fire. Bwa ha ha. Or things with high Reflex and spell resistance, so they usually only take half damage and you also have to overcome SR to hurt them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard, GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    There is nothing wrong with enjoying fire, regardless of your alignment.

But you know your GM hates you when he starts putting fire-resistant critters into the game to mess with you, or even things that heal from fire. Bwa ha ha. Or things with high Reflex and spell resistance, so they usually only take half damage and you also have to overcome SR to hurt them.
    He hasn't started doing that (yet). He actually loves my character in the game. He's an ISFP and loves chaos and disorder. My character is very much like myself, with wanting things to be orderly and make sense, but himself is the embodiment of chaos (his power is channeled in from limbo). In particular he loves one of my characters quirks/flaws. If I fail to hit a target, roll poorly, or just can't get a spell to work, I will keep trying that spell on the same creature until it works, even if it doesn't make any sense (such as shooting at a freshly dead corpse).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    ...If I fail to hit a target, roll poorly, or just can't get a spell to work, I will keep trying that spell on the same creature until it works, even if it doesn't make any sense (such as shooting at a freshly dead corpse).
    That's awesome. Flaws are fun. (One of Sumiko's flaws is that she actually takes minuses on social rolls if someone criticizes or accuses her of something; she has trouble letting things go. In fact, she's gotten in trouble before because someone "insulted" her in her own mind and she just has too much pride to ignore it...)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard, Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    On cell and might add more later, but "good/evil" to her is little more than philosophical hodgepodge now, which is the only sense she would try to justify something as good. Her natural frame is "smart/dumb" or "competent/fail." So yes, she doesn't care much for good/evil except others keep bringing it up. Earlier in life, people told her she was "bad" and so she tried to justify how she was "good" ...but it no longer matters, as soon as she got distance and especially no longer being mortal.
    Wow, so Sumiko's even closer to the 2e lich description than I thought. Except of course for the 'lives in creepy dungeons and forgets own name' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have played off and on for over 15 years now, and in all our campaigns, both DM and players have been quite satisfied with relatively slow leveling up. The timeline @Hard mentioned is not atypical for us, but then we are relatively "old school" and focus very much on story. We play around a large table, sometimes with hex grids, models, and miniatures, and paper notes flying back and forth. We have always worked to avoid hack/slash campaigns in favor of problem solving, detective work, and character interaction. Our group has always enjoyed it that way.
    You are dead to me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Wow, so Sumiko's even closer to the 2e lich description than I thought. Except of course for the 'lives in creepy dungeons and forgets own name' part.
    Yeah, actually, she plans to take over the world and have everyone know who she is.

At least, at the moment.
    She might become jaded the more the undead slayers come after her.
    Or she might get bored.
    Life goals are never static.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

In my most current campain we were battling a bunch of overpowered orcs because Some dumb ass(human) had to rush in and disturb thier camp.

It ended with me on fire and cutting off my burning hair and thowing it into dry bush field to burn those motherfuckers dead.

Then the human character on our campaign thought it would be funny to pick on my halfing character... So I hugged him and got him on fire too.

I'm kinda sad I had to leave the campaign. It was a good one.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You are dead to me.
    How so?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

How so?
    Sorry, that joke didn't translate well over the internet. I like fast leveling, as well as a healthy helping of hack n slash with my talkie interactions and problem solving.

So obviously, the only possible result of our difference of taste can be that I no longer acknowledge your existence.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sorry, that joke didn't translate well over the internet. I like fast leveling, as well as a healthy helping of hack n slash with my talkie interactions and problem solving.

So obviously, the only possible result of our difference of taste can be that I no longer acknowledge your existence.
    Not at all. We simply inhabit different planes of existence.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Not at all. We simply inhabit different planes of existence.
    Now the question is, which planes?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari