User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just thought the whole wizard-stomping thing was funny, though. Everyone knew he was a glass cannon and couldn't be allowed to get any kind of spell off.
    Yup, that's D&D for ya.* I love how casters become virtually godlike, and I'm only being half sarcastic here. I say definitely go for lichdom, btw. It's the chance of a lifetime, especially with that sweet Cha=+hp!

*Except for 4e; curb-stomping happens a bit differently in 4e.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    I love how casters become virtually godlike, and I'm only being half sarcastic here. I say definitely go for lichdom, btw. It's the chance of a lifetime, especially with that sweet Cha=hp!
    Yeah, I'm going for it. [And that CHA = hp is cray!]

My disguise will be raised btw, so I'll have close to a +20 (can I hide that I'm not a lich?), and I have a psionic power (aura alteration) and could otherwise get a Ring of Mind Shielding to keep from being viewed as evil.

Also, the GM mentioned SUmiko's ridiculous ability to escape: Because she's a cryptic (aka psionic rogue) and gets auto-stealth bonuses, because she got blessed by the Goddess of Monsters (getting a +8 on stealth + Hide in Plain Sight), because she has a psionic power to add to her stealth (another +8), and by becoming a lich (another +10?), plus, her normal ranks in Stealth, she will have a ridiculous +42 skill rating in Stealth. IOW, without even rolling a d20 to add, she already won't be seen by almost anyone... and she can hide in plain sight as an action.

I'm also picking up Fold Space, which gives her a 50' teleport, and she has Escape the Bonds power which allows her to ignore any movement-hindering spell + any grapple condition.

So yeah, keeping the soulstone inside makes sense for her, she'll just vanish. Poof. She's like a Force ninja at least in terms of slipping away. Aside from being a thrallherd or finding/opening traps or wielding soulstones, it's what she does best.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I have a psionic power (aura alteration) and could otherwise get a Ring of Mind Shielding to keep from being viewed as evil.
    Is it possible to learn this power?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Is it possible to learn this power?
    bwa ha ha -- you mean for your character or for you personally?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

bwa ha ha -- you mean for your character or for you personally?
    Uuuuuuh..... for my character.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Uuuuuuh..... for my character.
    It's a level 6 psionic power.
    But it's probably duplicated by arcane and divine spells in some way.

Psionics - Pathfinder_OGC

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I would have been one of those types of people who would have loved playing D&D but sadly everyone I knew growing up was very not interested in that sort of thing. Or just hated me :-)
    It's never too late to start! There are forums dedicated to D&D and similar games, including sites like Pen and Paper Games which include built-in group-finder functions. There are also sites that host online tabletop (D&D) gaming, like Roll20, which Jennifer uses.

If D&D has taught me anything, it's that if you wait until you run into a group of people who happens to like a particular hobby, you'll probably be waiting a long looong time. By way of my own anecdote, I knew virtually nobody growing up who was interested in D&D. The friend who taught me the game is one of those people who find a new hobby, get rapidly obsessed with it, and then move on to a new pastime a month later. But after 20 years, I still love table top gaming even though I hardly ever have a group to actually play with. Right now I don't even have time to get involved in a Roll20 group...but I still find time to brainstorm game ideas!

*goes back to re-imagining the Great Wheel*
    Likes Totenkindly, Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It's a level 6 psionic power.
    But it's probably duplicated by arcane and divine spells in some way.

Psionics - Pathfinder_OGC
    Oooh... I like the part about removing charm effects. That sounds useful for my campaigns.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My recommendation if you don't have friends but want to play is that you tap into the gaming networks / local play groups. There are different possibilities for doing this, even if sometimes it can feel hard to find people....

- Meetup.com

- Check Wizards.com, Paizo.com, or other game forum websites (minmaxboards.com, giantitp.com)... depending on the game(s) you're interested in, White Wolf is out there too, etc. Maybe there will be regional / local resources you can tap into.

- Local hobby and game shops. Many stores now will have gaming space for people to run weekly games in, and at the least they might have bulletin boards with lists of GMs and groups looking for additional players.

Once you find some local people, sometimes there's "word of mouth' games going on and they can put you in contact with those groups.

Usually you are just invited to attend a session, see if you fit with the group, and if everyone is happy, they'll invite you to join.

Oooh... I like the part about removing charm effects. That sounds useful for my campaigns.
    Yeah, it's kind of a cool power that way -- dual use.

I think a new Psionics Unleashed just came out, Mythic Psionics is supposed to release this month, and isn't there an Ultimate Psionics? (all by Dreamscarred in conjunection with Paizo.) Much of the basic Psionics is free online, d20 system. But I have trouble finding the newest stuff. You can also pick up a data file for free (or at least I could) for Hero Lab.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

My recommendation if you don't have friends but want to play is that you tap into the gaming networks / local play groups. There are different possibilities for doing this, even if sometimes it can feel hard to find people....

- Meetup.com

- Check Wizards.com, Paizo.com, or other game forum websites (minmaxboards.com, giantitp.com)... depending on the game(s) you're interested in, White Wolf is out there too, etc. Maybe there will be regional / local resources you can tap into.

- Local hobby and game shops. Many stores now will have gaming space for people to run weekly games in, and at the least they might have bulletin boards with lists of GMs and groups looking for additional players.

Once you find some local people, sometimes there's "word of mouth' games going on and they can put you in contact with those groups.

Usually you are just invited to attend a session, see if you fit with the group, and if everyone is happy, they'll invite you to join.
    This might be worth looking into. I think I figured out what kind of character I would like to play: a cambion. A cambion is the offspring of a human woman and a demon father (this particular group of demons is misunderstood, rather than malevolent). Merlin was a cambion, so he'd be in good company.

Visit my Johari: