User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I never got to play Planescape either, it came out during my "off years from gaming" I think... Although we do do things on alternate planes of existence.

Pretty much all of my campaigns have been homespun stuff, so I haven't really done much out of the actual mileau books. The closest i've come is doing the "Legacy of Fire" arc in Pathfinder, which has been okay.

...Oh, in other news, Sumiko is Neutral again. It didn't take long to backslide from Neutral Good.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

That's an awesome use of memory modification! Kinda sick, but awesome. All hail Her Grand Percipience!

(I've played and DMed almost all homebrew stuff too, though at some point I want to play all the way through some module or AP. I once played through part of The Red Hand of Doom until that group split up, and the memories are fond...)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Another funny Sumiko story.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

*whistles*

A great wyrm! Where did Sumiko get those soulstones again? They're part of the campaign plot, right?

In other news, someone named Jim Kang created a named level generator that's more amusing than I thought possible...

Named Level Generator

The Passacaglia class uses a d10 for hit dice (3 hp/level after 10th, in usual old school fashion), and caps out at 21st level and 5,145,000 XP. It goes from Lesser Passacaglium at 1st level to Associate Pass. to Intern Pass., and through several other titles. A passacaglia lucky and skilled enough to attain 18th level achieves the esteemed title of...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    *whistles*

A great wyrm! Where did Sumiko get those soulstones again? They're part of the campaign plot, right?
    That was a story in itself. The GM also basically "tosses in stuff" but sometimes we probably don't follow down all the possibilities.

We were on our way to a city that was mostly populated by demons or the demonic. (Don't ask. But the city had only two rules, and if you broke them, they were potentially punishable by death: Do not interfere with another being's pleasure, and no angels allowed within city limits. You can see how that could make city life unpleasant when you're surrounded by beings who could be more powerful than you, with chaotic evil impulses.)

Anyway, we ran into a lich on our way there, and he wanted us to find the being who stole his staff and return it to him. We agreed. the thief was a catfolk, and he also ran a store selling soulstones and other items. We went into the city and found his shop and were scoping it out, but he sensed we were up to no good and picked a fight with us, so there were a few ugly rounds but we killed him and locked the doors to ransack the place. We found a number of normal soulstones. Sumiko found his stash in the store. Then we found a secret door into the basement and found some more stuff. Then we found ANOTHER secret door that led into a small cramped sub-basement, and Sumiko went down alone at first and found a cache of soulstones, and that's where she acquire the stone with the monadic deva and the stone with the umbral dragon. The party didn't really know she had those for some time.

That's also where the strix failed his Will save and was forced to release the demon lord of magic, which made him his bitch and eventually resulted in tragedy for Angel Town weeks later. When the demon lord was released, he basically exploded up through the store, leaving a massive pile of rubble there and with the surrounding buildings.

And that's where Sumiko's first thrall popped out his head and led them to his underground lair, before the authorities could arrive.

We just leveled up to 11, so I'm a cryptic 8 / thrallherd 3 now. I'm stepping up my game; I'm going to take Master's Voice so I can speak to my underlings, and I'm going to start sending them out into the world now in pairs to preach the impending evil as well as the goodness of their Mistress, Her Grand Percipience, to try to drum up support. My cute little Mormon-y thralls, bwa ha ha ha.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I would have been one of those types of people who would have loved playing D&D but sadly everyone I knew growing up was very not interested in that sort of thing. Or just hated me :-)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We did our Roll20 game friday night, after a lull.

We're 6th level. We have two pieces of this stone that we need the third for, in order to travel the planes. We tracked down the last piece, it was being held by a crazy fire wizard (he set his own tent on fire when we entered, just to show off) and an articulate ogre with a large warhammer.

They demanded the stones and said they'd let us live and even serve them -- we could come along on their interplanar travel, if we want. (At that point, the guy in our group holding the two pieces swallowed them, to make them harder to take.) Our overall perception, after prolonged discussion, was that they really didn't want to kill us if they didn't have to, but they might accidentally strand us on some other plane of existence if we went along because they were both bonafidely nutso.

So our wizard flew over them and we attacked. (They were more powerful than us.) The one guy hit their wizard with a water blast, he failed his save, and went down. Our wizard got off a group haste, and everyone immediately charged their wizard and basically curbstomped him before he could cast anything, and after 1.5 rounds he was down for the count. The ogre was heartbroken and stepped in swinging with his 10' reach. The rogue and me (I'm playing a TWF fighter, wakizashis) took a few nasty hits in the melee that ensued, but the ogre went down after two rounds. Yeeesh. Glad that went okay, though.

... whereupon our wizard stripped everything down, even to the degree of people's fillings, and stuffed them in his magic bag. *headshake*

I just thought the whole wizard-stomping thing was funny, though. Everyone knew he was a glass cannon and couldn't be allowed to get any kind of spell off.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 04-17-2015 at 01:12 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And so I just THIS e-mail conversation (shown only in part) with my GM, regarding Sumiko's future as potentially undead:

My main response was, "How can I *not* do this? In what other campaign will I have the opportunity to play a high-level psionic thrallherd tengu lich?" Help.

EDIT: Welp, here's what that will look like, in one more level:
    Last edited by Bellflower; 04-14-2015 at 11:22 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Last night's session didn't really have any fighting. However: