User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: True Detective

FigerPuppet

Default True Detective

True Detective is an American television anthology drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, with the first season directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga. Season one stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Monaghan, Michael Potts, and Tory Kittles, and utilizes multiple timelines to trace two Louisiana State Police Criminal Investigations Division homicide detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years.
    Discuss the TV show here.

To set the jerk off, here's the ending to episode 4 which had an incredible 6-minute tracking shot:

Likes IndyGhost liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Crap, I heard about this show today and made a mental note to watch it, but I didn't realize it was on HBO.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

It's the only good show on right now. Easily the best intro.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I broke down and ordered HBO. (I don't like to torrent)

SO GOOD.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    STFU

one of the best shows in many years. im sad theres only 3 episodes left, but im sure theres plenty of rabbit hole to dive into before it ends.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/tru...ve-discussion/

Can't stop thinking about this damn show!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Started watching it about 20 minutes ago. Been laughing at the banter between McConaughey and Harrelson, it's just too funny.

When did McConaughey get to be a good actor anyway? I wasn't much impressed with him years ago, then I saw him in Killer Joe a few years ago and was blown away. He really stepped up his game.

I'm a big fan of Michelle Monaghan, and even Kevin Dunn is in this. Cool.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

When did McConaughey get to be a good actor anyway? I wasn't much impressed with him years ago, then I saw him in Killer Joe a few years ago and was blown away. He really stepped up his game.
    Haven't you heard? It's called "the McConaissance". Yes, it's actually a thing.

But yes, he is amazing in TD. I think it's the most truly comprehensive performance I've seen him give (although I haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club yet). Woody is pretty great too.

I rather like the show so far. I do yearn for a bit more plot focus, though.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    But yes, he is amazing in TD. I think it's the most truly comprehensive performance I've seen him give (although I haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club yet). Woody is pretty great too.
    I kept looking at him in the opening clip of the current time sequence ("OMG? Is that really him?") Yeah, it was. He really seems to be inhabiting someone else's skin. The earlier timeline, he looks a lot more like I know him to be.

I rather like the show so far. I do yearn for a bit more plot focus, though.
    Yeah, in the first episode, i thought the acting was really good in terms of just feeling "real". But I'm not really sure where it's going, why I'm watching those interviews, what they had a falling out over, etc. I find the characters real, so I keep watching, but it's kind of slow right now. Then again, that's like real police work as well. *shrug*

Still laughing at the metaphysical discussion(s). Marty Hart is just a good ol' boy who loves his fam, local boy serving the law, doing the cop thing; but Cohle is something else. Hart's reactions were just so great (like "WTF? You can't go around spewing this shit everywhere, you're gonna FREAK people out -- what's WRONG with you? And how'd we end up sharing a beat?" etc.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft