User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: True Detective

Likes Ivy, Totenkindly liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm so sick of true detective taking shit (deep philosophical shit that people say during an existential crisis) that people like me say on a regular basis and then apotheosize it into arch-plots that revolve around sinister evil and some twist ish...

Any mofo who reads on a regular speaks like any character from true detective on the regular and its making us seem like freaks.

Piece of **** writers are villainizing and demontyping my peepz.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

saiz you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I wonder whether they'll be chasing another serial killer in this season. I wouldn't mind that.

The rapist is still at large and now there is this murder of the city official. It's going to be a mix of those too. It can't be the same guy who did both.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I was a little unclear as well, but it was the reporter who broke the story on whatever Vince has going on with all the developments.
    Oh yeah. Thanks.

I like the urban setting of this season. Country side america is too hard for me to swallow for too long.

Also accents.

Edit - is that ashram preacher an infp? Looks like it.

Ok, there are my opinions after 1 episode.

I tried not to compare with the first season because it’s different story, but as the form is similar, it’s kind of hard…

For now the atmosphere is less heavy/dense (?) than in the first season. First succeed to scare me at least two times (the scene where they ask directions from murderer in episode 7 was epic)and I’m rarely scared during watching tv series. The other thing is that I miss Rusty, I’m not sure whether any character from 2 season has potential to be same interesting. And I miss humour, it seems very serious.

On the other hand, I like that they changed many things. I preferred country side, but the city is building new atmosphere and I think it’s a god thing. Instead of cup partners, we have now four different characters. They were introduced in rush and it was a bit chaotic, we know a lot about them as for one episode, I hope many mysteries were saved for the future. I think more characters may be a promise of more comlex plot. I also liked the intro (and the mysteries were promised there) and some scenes were made very well like the scene where Ray Velcoro talked with Frank.

I’m not sure how much I like it right now, but it is well made and keeps in suspense.
    Waiting to see what will happen next.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I wonder whether they'll be chasing another serial killer in this season. I wouldn't mind that.
    I’m not sure if there will be one murderer, I think there will be more about mobs this time.

The rapist is still at large and now there is this murder of the city official. It's going to be a mix of those too. It can't be the same guy who did both.
    Are we sure the rapist is still alive? Have I missed something?

Edit - is that ashram preacher an infp? Looks like it.
    Probably INFP or ENFP

Does anybody think too that for now Frank Semyon seems to be the most normal person?
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

^ collin's character tells his lawyer they never caught the guy .

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post

Does anybody think too that for now Frank Semyon seems to be the most normal person?
    Aside from Being married to Lady Macbeth? I feel like she's the driving force there.... run frank, run!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    ^ collin's character tells his lawyer they never caught the guy .
    Oh, that pause and scared gaze, while they talked, might been because he thought that the guy is still alive somewhere. But it wouldn’t be very unlikely that he killed the rapist… and it would make him more dependent on the mob.
    So I thought it was something like Why are you asking me? I killed the guy, got rid of his corpse and now I’m working for the mob. “They never cought him”. Probably I watch too much television

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Aside from Being married to Lady Macbeth? I feel like she's the driving force there.... run frank, run!
    Yes, she is baaad and probably smart too.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm pretty sure he killed the rapist.

Likes Kas liked this post