Thread: True Detective

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I was expecting TD to not get anything, so I'm pleasantly surprised that the tracking shot got some recognition, at the very least!

They really should have kept it in the miniseries category. I have no idea what they were thinking. McConaughey for SURE would have beat Benedict Cumberbatch. Easily.
    I guess they wanted the exposure and buzz... and if they actually WON against BB, well....

But I feel bad that the performances by McConaughey and Harrelson could not be rewarded more tangibly. They were that good. And yeah, Cumberbatch is good, but this was a step beyond.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess they wanted the exposure and buzz... and if they actually WON against BB, well....

But I feel bad that the performances by McConaughey and Harrelson could not be rewarded more tangibly. They were that good. And yeah, Cumberbatch is good, but this was a step beyond.
    Way beyond. It wasn't even close. I was mildly miffed and I usually don't care about awards shows but they were amazing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Die, then, because that is not funny.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Found this, don't know if it's been posted before.
    Very interesting.

The Deeper Meaning of "True Detective" - Season One - The Vigilant Citizen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

June 21

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/nic-pizzola...462710390.html

Those characters include a world-weary detective (Farrell), a dogged sheriff (McAdams), a soldier-turned-cop (Kitsch) and a veteran crook (Vaughn). Pizzolatto says that having a four-person, as opposed a two-person, ensemble necessitated a shift in the show’s structure.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Haven't watched this show yet, but I like that tagline.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Haven't watched this show yet, but I like that tagline.
    Since each seasons is its own storyline, you can just watch this season from scratch without missing anything. Season 1 is self-contained.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

1/3 excited, 1/3 wary, 1/3 pessimistic. Not sure how it can surpass season 1, but keeping my fingers crossed.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Season 2 has started

Anyone watch the opener yet? (It just aired last night.)

Reactions have been mixed but extreme - either you like it or you don't. Since I had already come to the realization it was not going to be like last season, I've been taking it on its own terms and so far have enjoyed it.

I like the tone, the grit, the anchoring shots (lots of views to get a sense of the wide open and sometimes barren landscape). I also like the music choices + the opening credits sequence. The whole show feels satisfyingly bleak. I think the actors are all fine; Vaughn might be the least believable performance, but again, I was expecting him to be the weakest link. He's acceptable in his role so far. Farrell and McAdams seem to be nailing things; Kitsch hasn't had a lot to work with yet.

"This is my least-favorite life..." is pretty haunting.

I keep forgetting how tall David Morse is. I hope he gets more air time, he's a favorite character actor of mine. I just did a height check on him and Vaughn, Vaughn edges him out (he's 6'4", Vaughn is 6'5"). Then it's fun to see them around Rachel McAdams, who is 5'4".