• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your top 5 tv series all time

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Foul

Can't ask someone with 7 in their enneagram to pick only 5 favorites.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Blackadder - One of the best British comedies, spanned four historic times in history with a stellar cast.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Although this gets very weak at the fourth season, it does pick up again before falling off unfortunately. However, the first few seasons were perfect. Nothing like it had been done before, and it is far superior to later vampire shows (and movies).

Friends - Viewing later seasons it's hard to imagine that this show was funny at all, but the early seasons are truly funny even with canned laughter.

Heroes (Season 1) - Perfect from beginning to end for a super hero fan. And unlike Lost it has a satisfying resolution.

Arrested Development - Too funny, great cast, great characters.

Honorable mentions:

My So Called Life. Very real, before shows got real.
Cheers.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Freaks and Geeks
Mad Men
South Park
Family Guy
Looney Tunes

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Batman: The Animated Series
Breaking Bad
Oz
The Sopranos
South Park

Runner-Ups: Firefly, It's Always Sunny, 24, The Boondocks and Trigun

(BTW, Heroes is coming back to TV)

dothraloki

MBTI Type
ESFJ
  1. Star Trek: TNG and DS9 (I can't decide between the two because I'm gonna put both)
  2. Arrested Development
  3. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  4. Red Dwarf
  5. Friends (mostly for nostalgia)

HM: Parks and Recreation, The Office, Orphan Black, Doctor Who

xisnotx

Permabanned
seinfeld
alias
the simpsons
a different world
jeopardy

i'll be putting a pilot out one day. look out for me.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Mash
3. The Walking Dead
4. X-Files
5. The Wire
6. (oops) Seinfeld

Honorable Mention-
Cheers
Frasier

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Saw this for the first time recently.. It is really good. I don't know why I was so resistant to the idea of watching it, haha.

It looks juvenile at a glance, but Adventure Time is actually pretty progressive and poignant. I thought it was awesome once I gave it a chance.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Six Feet Under - 5 seasons, 2001-2005. Belongs to the rarest breed of TV shows: deeply moving but almost never sappy/sentimental. Explores how death affects the living in a thoughtful and sincere way. Amazing writing, directing, and acting. Lifelike, complex, dynamic characters. Realistic in a sincere way, not in a "Look how gritty and 'real' this is! Please give me an Emmy!" way. Each season has its unique strengths, but I think the best are S2 and S5.

2. Dexter - 8 seasons, 2006-2013. I'm only halfway through the 3rd season, but I love it so far. S2 was my favorite but S1 was excellent too.

3. Carnivale - 2 seasons, 2003-2005. Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 2 seasons, when the story was just getting started. Still, the fragment of the main story that's told there is worth watching.

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 7 seasons, 1997-2003. Cheesy on the surface and surprisingly substantial underneath. Best things about it: 1) well-developed, complex characters, 2) lifelike continuity (never presses the "reset" button like a lot of TV shows). Favorite seasons: 5 and 6.

5. Strangers with Candy - 3 seasons, 1999-2000. Silly and cartoonish but thoroughly cynical. Features Amy Sedaris as a 46-year-old ex-convict who goes back to high school, and Stephen Colbert as her ornery history teacher. S3 is my favorite season.

xisnotx

Permabanned
(In this particular order)
Seinfeld.
A Different World.
Jeopardy.
The Colbert Report.
Top Gear.

Honorable Mentions...
Friends
Family Guy
Courage the Cowardly Dog

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Six Feet Under - 5 seasons, 2001-2005. Belongs to the rarest breed of TV shows: deeply moving but almost never sappy/sentimental. Explores how death affects the living in a thoughtful and sincere way. Amazing writing, directing, and acting. Lifelike, complex, dynamic characters. Realistic in a sincere way, not in a "Look how gritty and 'real' this is! Please give me an Emmy!" way. Each season has its unique strengths, but I think the best are S2 and S5.

2. Dexter - 8 seasons, 2006-2013. I'm only halfway through the 3rd season, but I love it so far. S2 was my favorite but S1 was excellent too.

3. Carnivale - 2 seasons, 2003-2005. Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 2 seasons, when the story was just getting started. Still, the fragment of the main story that's told there is worth watching.

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 7 seasons, 1997-2003. Cheesy on the surface and surprisingly substantial underneath. Best things about it: 1) well-developed, complex characters, 2) lifelike continuity (never presses the "reset" button like a lot of TV shows). Favorite seasons: 5 and 6.

5. Strangers with Candy - 3 seasons, 1999-2000. Silly and cartoonish but thoroughly cynical. Features Amy Sedaris as a 46-year-old ex-convict who goes back to high school, and Stephen Colbert as her ornery history teacher. S3 is my favorite season.
Top Five:
Star Trek the original series.
M*A*S*H*
Cheers
Hill Street Blues
The Big Bang Theory

Honorable Mention:
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
Rocky & Bullwinkle
The Red Green Show
Bugs Bunny
The Rockford Files
Mythbusters
Mad Men
To Tell The Truth
The Hollywood Squares (for Paul Lynde)
The Wonderful World of Disney
Dallas (merely for the cultural impact of "Who Shot J.R.?")
Monday Night Football
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
Charlie's Angels (cultural paradigm shift to T&A without excuse)
All in the Family (cultural paradigm shift to previously taboo topics)

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
  • Orphan Black
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Season 1 of Once Upon a Time (I love the first season so much but the show went downhill ever since. I still watch it but I'm not as excited as I used to)
  • American Horror Story: Asylum (Best season, hands down)
  • Castle

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
1. X-Files
2. Simpsons
3. Ren & Stimpy
4. Friends
5. Big Bang

:krusty:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Miami Vice
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Breaking Bad
South Park
Roseanne

How obvious is it I grew up in the 80s

edit: changed cheers to roseanne. it's basically a toss-up between the two

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
  • Orphan Black
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Season 1 of Once Upon a Time (I love the first season so much but the show went downhill ever since. I still watch it but I'm not as excited as I used to)
  • American Horror Story: Asylum (Best season, hands down)
  • Castle

i was wondering if your username was in reference to that :wink: