User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 146

  1. #71
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    1. Six Feet Under - 5 seasons, 2001-2005. Belongs to the rarest breed of TV shows: deeply moving but almost never sappy/sentimental. Explores how death affects the living in a thoughtful and sincere way. Amazing writing, directing, and acting. Lifelike, complex, dynamic characters. Realistic in a sincere way, not in a "Look how gritty and 'real' this is! Please give me an Emmy!" way. Each season has its unique strengths, but I think the best are S2 and S5.

    2. Dexter - 8 seasons, 2006-2013. I'm only halfway through the 3rd season, but I love it so far. S2 was my favorite but S1 was excellent too.

    3. Carnivale - 2 seasons, 2003-2005. Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 2 seasons, when the story was just getting started. Still, the fragment of the main story that's told there is worth watching.

    4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 7 seasons, 1997-2003. Cheesy on the surface and surprisingly substantial underneath. Best things about it: 1) well-developed, complex characters, 2) lifelike continuity (never presses the "reset" button like a lot of TV shows). Favorite seasons: 5 and 6.

    5. Strangers with Candy - 3 seasons, 1999-2000. Silly and cartoonish but thoroughly cynical. Features Amy Sedaris as a 46-year-old ex-convict who goes back to high school, and Stephen Colbert as her ornery history teacher. S3 is my favorite season.

  2. #72
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    (In this particular order)
    Seinfeld.
    A Different World.
    Jeopardy.
    The Colbert Report.
    Top Gear.

    Honorable Mentions...
    Friends
    Family Guy
    Courage the Cowardly Dog

  3. #73
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    1. Six Feet Under - 5 seasons, 2001-2005. Belongs to the rarest breed of TV shows: deeply moving but almost never sappy/sentimental. Explores how death affects the living in a thoughtful and sincere way. Amazing writing, directing, and acting. Lifelike, complex, dynamic characters. Realistic in a sincere way, not in a "Look how gritty and 'real' this is! Please give me an Emmy!" way. Each season has its unique strengths, but I think the best are S2 and S5.

    2. Dexter - 8 seasons, 2006-2013. I'm only halfway through the 3rd season, but I love it so far. S2 was my favorite but S1 was excellent too.

    3. Carnivale - 2 seasons, 2003-2005. Unfortunately, it was canceled after only 2 seasons, when the story was just getting started. Still, the fragment of the main story that's told there is worth watching.

    4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 7 seasons, 1997-2003. Cheesy on the surface and surprisingly substantial underneath. Best things about it: 1) well-developed, complex characters, 2) lifelike continuity (never presses the "reset" button like a lot of TV shows). Favorite seasons: 5 and 6.

    5. Strangers with Candy - 3 seasons, 1999-2000. Silly and cartoonish but thoroughly cynical. Features Amy Sedaris as a 46-year-old ex-convict who goes back to high school, and Stephen Colbert as her ornery history teacher. S3 is my favorite season.
    Top Five:
    Star Trek the original series.
    M*A*S*H*
    Cheers
    Hill Street Blues
    The Big Bang Theory


    Honorable Mention:
    The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
    Rocky & Bullwinkle
    The Red Green Show
    Bugs Bunny
    The Rockford Files
    Mythbusters
    Mad Men
    To Tell The Truth
    The Hollywood Squares (for Paul Lynde)
    The Wonderful World of Disney
    Dallas (merely for the cultural impact of "Who Shot J.R.?")
    Monday Night Football
    Seinfeld
    The Simpsons
    Charlie's Angels (cultural paradigm shift to T&A without excuse)
    All in the Family (cultural paradigm shift to previously taboo topics)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #74
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default

    • Orphan Black
    • Orange is the New Black
    • Season 1 of Once Upon a Time (I love the first season so much but the show went downhill ever since. I still watch it but I'm not as excited as I used to)
    • American Horror Story: Asylum (Best season, hands down)
    • Castle

  5. #75
    Parody Parrot meowington's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    1. X-Files
    2. Simpsons
    3. Ren & Stimpy
    4. Friends
    5. Big Bang


  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Miami Vice
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Breaking Bad
    South Park
    Roseanne

    How obvious is it I grew up in the 80s

    edit: changed cheers to roseanne. it's basically a toss-up between the two

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LanaBanana View Post
    • Orphan Black
    • Orange is the New Black
    • Season 1 of Once Upon a Time (I love the first season so much but the show went downhill ever since. I still watch it but I'm not as excited as I used to)
    • American Horror Story: Asylum (Best season, hands down)
    • Castle
    i was wondering if your username was in reference to that

  8. #78
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Hill Street Blues
    I was glad to find out about this: http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/...omplete-series
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  9. #79
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    i was wondering if your username was in reference to that
    Haha, it is! I'm happy someone understood that reference.

  10. #80
    Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    The West Wing
    Offspring

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?
    By astroninja in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. What are your five top books of all time and why:
    By highlander in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 03:32 PM
  3. Your Top 5 Indie Labels of All Time
    By aeon in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
  4. Top 10 Asian movies of all time
    By Moiety in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 04:17 AM
  5. Keeping your most treasured treasures with you at all time?
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO