User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Death Note

Riva

Death note was the first anime i've watched. Loved it so much that i became a huge anime fan. When i furst watched it i was so impressed that the creators put si much realistic emotions, complicated plots and real human issues into a mere cartoon. I didn't know about the concept of animes back then and assumed that anime was the name given to japanese cartoons. I can still remember telling binary numbers hiw impressed i was with that 'cartoon'. Now that i've seen other animes i feel like an idiot for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Definitely mine. Thanks for humoring me with a response.

It doesn't quite feel like Death Note after the theme song changes, but I do like the metal-as-fuck one better.

Now, I'll probably indulge in a few more shows and books before I die, but I think it's safe to say L is my favorite fictional character.
    L sucked. If not for his eccentric nature he was not impressive at all. Yes he wasn't impressive! He needed an army to solve the puzzle and any expereienced detective could have figured it out eventually with the resources and man power L had.

Edit - he did display great academic skills by getting selected to the same college as kira did and topping the exam.

L did assume correctly that kira can kill without being anywhere close to the victims (culprits who are the victims) but had to sacrifies a man (who was sentenced to his death) to confirm it.

He also risked the life of an innocent pop star by faking his name so that kira would be fooled into believing that L's real name is that of the pop star and would have accidentally killed the pop star if he tried to kill L.

Callous irresponsible asshole.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Death note was the first anime i've watched. Loved it so much that i became a huge anime fan. When i furst watched it i was so impressed that the creators put si much realistic emotions, complicated plots and real human issues into a mere cartoon. I didn't know about the concept of animes back then and assumed that anime was the name given to japanese cartoons. I can still remember telling binary numbers hiw impressed i was with that 'cartoon'. Now that i've seen other animes i feel like an idiot for saying that.

L sucked. If not for his eccentric nature he was not impressive at all. Yes he wasn't impressive! He needed an army to solve the puzzle and any expereienced detective could have figured it out eventually with the resources and man power L had.

Edit - he did display great academic skills by getting selected to the same college as kira did and topping the exam.

L did assume correctly that kira can kill without being anywhere close to the victims (culprits who are the victims) but had to sacrifies a man (who was sentenced to his death) to confirm it.

He also risked the life of an innocent pop star by faking his name so that kira would be fooled into believing that L's real name is that of the pop star and would have accidentally killed the pop star if he tried to kill L.

Callous irresponsible asshole.
    That's awesome Death Note got you into anime, but whaaaaat? You dislike L?

I am a horrible person.

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Why...?

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

My avatar used to be Misa a while back.

Despised Light, loved L. Agree with the sentiment of becoming best friends with him for sure.

My actual favorite from the show ended up being Aizawa even though he wasn't that major of a character. I just liked his whole story.

Mikami was by far the most infuriating character though. At least Light was smart.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

There are these two old threads about Death Note typings...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=49999

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=30074

Both seem to put Light as INTJ... and L as INTP...

It is clear that L is INTP... as for Light I believe he's an ENTJ... They feel an affinity towards each other cause they are mirror images of each other...

The problem is that I only had one character that I could identify with and she was killed by Light in earlier episodes...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I recently finished the anime and I feel like I need something to fill the hole in my heart where this masterpiece once was. Brilliant anime and altogether mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Michael Bay should totally buy the rights to this one.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nate River View Post
    I recently finished the anime and I feel like I need something to fill the hole in my heart where this masterpiece once was. Brilliant anime and altogether mystery.
    I know the hollow feeling... I have yet to find an anime as captivating as Death Note.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalescence View Post
    I know the hollow feeling... I have yet to find an anime as captivating as Death Note.
    I liked Code Geass even better.