• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bay Turtles

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They didn't give me a free headband. I'm so disappointed.

I guess I should've attended the midnight screening to get one. :(

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Loved it. Fuck the haters.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My, my, my, where do I begin?

Um...I loved the turtles...and I wish I could've seen more of them in non-fighting scenes. The scenes where you see them interacting with each other were wonderful. I would've liked to see more of the backstory of them growing up as kids. I loved that the movie was lighthearted (because the gritty tone that's so common in movies these days is becoming way too cliche).

And honestly, the vfx were astounding. Both the turtles and Splinter are exactly what I would picture mutated turtles and rats would look like. They looked very realistic, but unfortunately, the direction gets in the way. All the wide-angle lenses, low-angled tracking shots, 360-degree shots, and, heaven forbid, VIRTUAL SHAKYCAM SHOTS!!!! I just wanted the camera to stop moving a little so that I could appreciate these sequences. It's painfully obvious that director Jonathan Liebesman was trying to emulate producer Michael Bay's style like Peter Berg did with Battleship, but even Michael Bay, in all his excess, knows when and when not to use them. Then again, there are a few scenes which seem to almost mock Bay's style, sometimes in very humorous ways.

The action scenes could have been spectacular if you could see what was going on, but as it stands, I would have rather the movie be completely about the turtles bantering with each other.

And Megan Fox was okay as April O'Neil, I guess. I don't really understand what the fuss is about Megan Fox...she just seems to be another good-looking bad-to-mediocre actress much like Halle Berry. But whatever...

The plot was naturally predictable and implausible, but thankfully, there were more things to focus on...like the turtles.

Seriously, the turtles looked like they belonged in a Christopher Nolan interpretation of the material...in fact, I could just see the casting call for certain characters: Morgan Freeman as Splinter, Cillian Murphy as Eric Sacks, Ellen Page as April, and Ken Watanabe as The Shredder.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Um...I loved the turtles...and I wish I could've seen more of them in non-fighting scenes. The scenes where you see them interacting with each other were wonderful. I would've liked to see more of the backstory of them growing up as kids. I loved that the movie was lighthearted (because the gritty tone that's so common in movies these days is becoming way too cliche).

And honestly, the vfx were astounding. Both the turtles and Splinter are exactly what I would picture mutated turtles and rats would look like. They looked very realistic, but unfortunately, the direction gets in the way. All the wide-angle lenses, low-angled tracking shots, 360-degree shots, and, heaven forbid, VIRTUAL SHAKYCAM SHOTS!!!!
Yeah, also all of this. For good and for bad.

3D movies are always a bit jarring to me (I keep making the mistake of seeing movies in 3D), and I wondered how much of the 'shaky-caminess' was due to that and how much to the actual direction. Part of the allure was that there was a bunch of stuff going on that wasn't quite discernible. Still, I'm gonna have to watch it in 2D sometime; counterintuitively, for me it might make it easier to see what the hell was going on.

I haven't seen any of the Transformers, Battleship, etc. type films. Is Shakycam par for the

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And Megan Fox was okay as April O'Neil, I guess. I don't really understand what the fuss is about Megan Fox...she just seems to be another good-looking bad-to-mediocre actress much like Halle Berry. But whatever...

I think there are about two or four things people like about Megan Fox.

I'm guessing Donatello looks like the cyborg?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now that I think about, this movie would have been better as Boyhood with ninja turtles. Or a comedy-drama about the turtles trying to fit into the world, without all the action. Going off on a tangent, but my favorite scene in Transformers was when the robots are trying to hide from the parents at the Witwicky residence. A sequence like that could have been even better with turtles.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm far more excited watching the competition between it and Into the Storm as the worst movie.
Both are at 20%, but the ratings are:

Turtles: 17 positive, 70 rotten
Storm: 17 positive, 68 rotten

So technically, Turtles has more rotten reviews, lol.

I think they should join forces and make Turtlenado!!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The fuck is April brunette for?! >=(

There are already few enough red-headed ladies.. and Michael Bay really needs to get off of Megan Fox's nuts already.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should join forces and make Turtlenado!!!

Jeeeeeezus can I have that plz. I love terrible movies.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a hunch this is going to be bad.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I read baby turtles. this is dissapointing. I really want pics of hatchlings. :(

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched it. It sucked ass.

The interactions between the turtles were the dumbest. And raf's confession as to why he is so hard on others was soooo lame. It movie had absolutely no humour.

The convos were so badly written. And the plot, wow it sucked. The action sequences were mediocre too. Liked the fact that the turtles have regenerating healing capabilities. Lolz at shredders master plan on having usa and others on their knees for him.

Not that i expected and would expect the movie to have been as dark as the original comics but man can't hollywood come up with a decent plot??? I am beginning to think that the only way to make the movies watchable is to go back to the original version. Give it some realistic action scenes and make the plot more realisitc. Rule the world, the footclan, really?

I wonder whether kids liked the cartoonishness of the plot?

Fuck!