User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Uhhhh.... I wasn't talking about Shelley. I didn't think I had to specify what The Wig was.

Biggest gripe is that such a talented cast of actors was completely wasted due to the inept execution (writing and direction). I've skimmed through the book by McGeevy and it actually seems like it might work on the page, tone-wise; but this show tries to pretend to be edgy and dramatically meaningful like others of its kind (X-Files, Fringe, Walking Dead, etc) while never finding a voice that allows itself to be taken seriously or a way to bring real depth to its characters. It is consistently considered the worst of the NetFlix offerings, as bad as the others are good, and it was one of my largest disappointments of the season.

http://whatjennysaw.wordpress.com/20...hemlock-grove/

I probably wouldn't be so pissed at the waste, if I hadn't seen some rich potential here in ideas and cast.
    I can't put my finger on what is wrong about your review. My argument would be along the lines of the complaints you're having as enhancing ideas of the show (sexuality being one) rather than depreciating them.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

"Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

"The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram."

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Last Exile

*screams and yanks out hair*
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by the resident View Post
    I can't put my finger on what is wrong about your review. My argument would be along the lines of the complaints you're having as enhancing ideas of the show (sexuality being one) rather than depreciating them.
    Let's get down to the core here: Why do you need to tell me what is wrong about my opinion? Should I be wasting my time telling you what is wrong about your opinion? Opinions are opinions. You can have one; so can I.

I didn't like the show, despite coming in WANTING to like it. And I explained why in much more detail than you have.

You liked it. More power to you, I'm glad you could salvage something out of this mess. If I could have liked it, it would have made the memories far sweeter.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Let's get down to the core here: Why do you need to tell me what is wrong about my opinion? Should I be wasting my time telling you what is wrong about your opinion? Opinions are opinions. You can have one; so can I.

I didn't like the show, despite coming in WANTING to like it. And I explained why in much more detail than you have.

You liked it. More power to you, I'm glad you could salvage something out of this mess. If I could have liked it, it would have made the memories far sweeter.
    I don't get why you're being so defensive.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

"Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't get why you're being so defensive.
    Dude:

1. This thread is SUPPOSED to be about rants. Read the title. It's not a "discuss the merits" thread. The post was a rant. And there are various rants I don't agree with but try to not argue with, because that's not the point of the thread.

2. The only rebuttal you offered (the wig) was entirely wrong -- did you figure out which "wig" all the reviewers WERE referring to yet?

3. When I gave you a longer reply + a link to my full review of the series, you only said, "Well, I just think you're wrong because... well, I feel like you're wrong even if I can't put my finger on it." Seriously?

I'm not defensive, just annoyed.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Dude:

1. This thread is SUPPOSED to be about rants. Read the title. It's not a "discuss the merits" thread. The post was a rant. And there are various rants I don't agree with but try to not argue with, because that's not the point of the thread.

2. The only rebuttal you offered (the wig) was entirely wrong -- did you figure out which "wig" all the reviewers WERE referring to yet?

3. When I gave you a longer reply + a link to my full review of the series, you only said, "Well, I just think you're wrong because... well, I feel like you're wrong even if I can't put my finger on it." Seriously?

I'm not defensive, just annoyed.
    1. Shee-it.
    2. I don't care about Christina's wig.
    2. Yeah.

Are so.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. Shee-it.
    2. I don't care about Christina's wig.
    2. Yeah.

Are so.
    Can I have a stuffed animal of you to sit on my bed while I'm work?

(My cat likes playtoys. *rawr*.)

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Can I have a stuffed animal of you to sit on my bed while I'm work?

(My cat likes playtoys. *rawr*.)
    Only if you ask Papa Decody.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7