• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you eat when you go to the movies?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I love sour.. I always burn my tongue on it afterward.. but the pain tastes so GOOD. :cry:

(It's horrible for your teeth, so I try to limit consumption to a couple times a year- which usually matches up with how often I'd bother going to a cinema)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love sour.. I always burn my tongue on it afterward.. but the pain tastes so GOOD. :cry:

lol yes. one time i did some serious damage with a like king sized pack of sour patch kids in a movie. i'm still a little gun shy from the whole thing.

but sour gummis forever! for real. do you like peach rings?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
do you like peach rings?

:thinking: Never had 'em, but I probably would like them. I prefer variety in flavors, though.

Oldschool red shoelace candy is pretty good, when I'm not up for sour candy.

411K6920QjL._SY300_.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:thinking: Never had 'em, but I probably would like them. I prefer variety in flavors, though.

Oldschool red shoelace candy is pretty good, when I'm not up for sour candy.

411K6920QjL._SY300_.jpg

solid choice. keep an eye out for these bad boys. they're worth a try. one of my all time faves.
peach-rings.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will check 7/11 sometime soon, those look tempting..

Gizmodo just ruined my day some more.

18kxsi73bcxiijpg.jpg

lol war headsss!

i say we skip the gray area and go straight to pouring battery acid down our gullets. with sugar of, course.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] ever had shockers? They're the most sour candy I've ever had apart from these sour balls that my friend mailed me from the UK.

image-130303.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] ever had shockers? They're the most sour candy I've ever had apart from these sour balls that my friend mailed me from the UK.

image-130303.jpg

Those were my absolute favorite of all sour candies! :holy:

I believe they were called Shock Tarts, thousands of years ago (when I was a kid).

I can't find them anymore.. I assumed they weren't even made now.

*edit* I just found some at a retail location about 8 miles from my apartment! http://www.wonka.com/Home.aspx/ProductLocator
:yesss:

Last edited:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Those were my absolute favorite of all sour candies! :holy:

I believe they were called Shock Tarts, thousands of years ago (when I was a kid).

I can't find them anymore.. I assumed they weren't even made now.

*edit* I just found some at a retail location about 8 miles from my apartment! http://www.wonka.com/Home.aspx/ProductLocator
:yesss:

Well guess again! :D Yeah they can be a little bit hard to find but whenever I get them I get 500% happier. That is until my tongue becomes raw for a week afterwards. :cry:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well guess again! :D Yeah they can be a little bit hard to find but whenever I get them I get 500% happier. That is until my tongue becomes raw for a week afterwards. :cry:

I'm probably going to attempt to stockpile them and eat half the stockpile the day I build it.. then spend the next week glaring at the remaining packages.. then go crawling back while I'm still somewhat raw.. I just can't stay mad at you...

Yeah, popcorn and soda, if I do end up getting food (which I usually don't). I used to love caramel popcorn too but I haven't had it in years. I've snuck in candy too, every now and then. [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] likes the ferrero rochers. :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my greatest moments of culture shock from moving to the east coast as a southerner was the time I ordered a pickle at a concession stand and the girl behind the counter looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head. :(

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
One of my greatest moments of culture shock from moving to the east coast as a southerner was the time I ordered a pickle at a concession stand and the girl behind the counter looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head. :(

I love a good dill pickle. Crunchy and delicious.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Back in the day, before movie concession food became so grossly overpriced, I was a popcorn and soda guy. These days I usually just watch the movie.

For home viewing (my usual m.o. for movie watching these days), I often still make myself popcorn along with an alcoholic beverage or two. Come to think of it, I rarely eat popcorn as a stand alone snack. It's sort of culturally ingrained in my brain as a movie snack. I think this might be common with the +40 crowd.