User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    Hmm... my brother introduced me to Doctor Who about 1-2 years ago. Before then, we had been watching Torchwood: Miracle Day. How it happened was, my brother one day said, "Do you know that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who?" (He knows how much I love word manipulation and codes.) I found it very interesting, and from there he began to explain more about the show. After watching the episode "Closing Time" with the Eleventh Doctor and Craig on Netflix, I got hooked - and the rest is pretty much history.

I have to admit though, I was a little disappointed with the Eleventh's regeneration in "The Time of the Doctor". I feel like it happened too abruptly towards the end - it's like BOOM!, and then he looks up at Clara and "Oh, hello Twelfth!"
    At least the Doctor gave himself a nice 'eulogy' beforehand.
    On the Doctor Who IMDb board (which is a motley group of trolls, die-hard fanatics, critics and others) there was a lot of criticism of the episode and more importantly the regeneration. From what I understand Peter Capaldi (the new Doctor who has starred in the programme before) couldn't be there on the same day Matt Smith could for whichever reason and they filmed the two halves of the scene on different days and just spliced them together. I don't think the TPTB behind Who care much any more or else they probably would have tried to make the change a bit more seamless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    On the Doctor Who IMDb board (which is a motley group of trolls, die-hard fanatics, critics and others) there was a lot of criticism of the episode and more importantly the regeneration. From what I understand Peter Capaldi (the new Doctor who has starred in the programme before) couldn't be there on the same day Matt Smith could for whichever reason and they filmed the two halves of the scene on different days and just spliced them together. I don't think the TPTB behind Who care much any more or else they probably would have tried to make the change a bit more seamless.
    Ah, I see... oh, well guess we'll just have to wait and see how Capaldi's performance as the latest Doctor turns out.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This was kind of fun to watch

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

FYI, I have watched season 1 episode 1 of the Dr. Who reboot. It was ok, I was interested enough to watch the whole thing, but not quite enough to keep me watching the series.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”