User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Hmm...

Probably "Nineteen Eighty-Four", with "Animal Farm" a close second. I'm not a fan of George Orwell in any particular way but those two were excellent in every way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    Yeah, those Mistborn books are really cool. Have you read his other books?
    I've read everything except for that one teen series he wrote. (Alcatraz or something like that)

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

Une Saison en Enfer by Arthur Rimbaud
    My English sucks, I'm here because I read a thing and I said gosh, I must create my own account no matter how much my English sucks.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

something wicked this way comes by Ray Bradbury... it made me tingle (in a non sexish way... minds out of the gutter) and I couldn't put it down
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

I'll just stick to the fiction... I don't really tend to judge nonfiction in the same way.

1. Name of the Wind / Wise Man's Fear / The Doors of Stone (not yet published, I hope it's as good) -- Patrick Rothfuss
    2. Sailing to Sarantium / Lord of Emperors - Guy Gavriel Kay

There are also a whole bunch that would come in at around 3. Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin, almost (but not all) anything by Vernor Vinge (his ex-wife Joan is up there too), Brandon Sanderson, or Guy Gavriel Kay. Snow Crash and Anathem by Neal Stephenson, The Wheel of Time (the early books), I'd even throw Harry Potter in there for the engaging and fun tone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Probably The Wasp Factory since it describes the protagonists relationship to ritual so completely it provides a frame of reference that's usable to myself. The story itself is like a mutilated corpse wrapped up in a tasty burrito to be washed down with a tall glass of dissociation.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Eyed Pantomime View Post
    Probably The Wasp Factory since it describes the protagonists relationship to ritual so completely it provides a frame of reference that's usable to myself. The story itself is like a mutilated corpse wrapped up in a tasty burrito to be washed down with a tall glass of dissociation.
    Enter - if you can bear it - the extraordinary private world of Frank, just sixteen, and unconventional, to say the least.

'Two years after I killed Blyth I murdered my young brother Paul, for quite different and more fundamental reasons than I'd disposed of Blyth, and then a year after that I did for my young cousin Esmerelda, more or less on a whim.

'That's my score to date. Three. I haven't killed anybody for years, and don't intend to ever again.

'It was just a stage I was going through.'
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Enter - if you can bear it - the extraordinary private world of Frank, just sixteen, and unconventional, to say the least.

'Two years after I killed Blyth I murdered my young brother Paul, for quite different and more fundamental reasons than I'd disposed of Blyth, and then a year after that I did for my young cousin Esmerelda, more or less on a whim.

'That's my score to date. Three. I haven't killed anybody for years, and don't intend to ever again.

'It was just a stage I was going through.'

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I read far too much to choose just one also. Top candidates are:

The left hand of darkness by Ursula LeGuin
    Seven days in May by Fletcher Knebel
    The moon under her feet by Clysta Kinstler
    John Adams by David McCullough
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Toss up between Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin and Golden Witchbreed by Mary Gentle. Probably go with Left Hand of Darkness because the sequel to Golden Witchbreed tore my heart out of my chest.