First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have to say I was disappointed. I gave it a solid B, but I was expecting more. The main thing I couldn't stand was the handheld camera; it felt like Cloverfield, and this filming technique works for Cloverfield but not for this movie.

Say what you want about the Emmerich movie, but there is no doubt that it felt more like an epic than this one, and the characters were more entertaining...there's nothing remotely interesting about Kick-Ass and not-Dennis Quaid in this movie. Matthew Broderick always manages to bring awkward charm in his roles no matter how shit the rest of the movie is, as do the cast of The Simpsons.

Needless to say, Gareth Edwards' film had a better Godzilla design, though like the Emmerich version (as well as Pacific Rim), most of the creature shots are obscured by night, rain, or dust, and considering this movie is 16 years older, I think they should've taken more risks with the CGI.

But I was expecting Godzilla to out-Pacific Rim Pacific Rim, and to that end, I was disappointed.

And I didn't get a trailer for either Transformers 4 or Interstellar, so I was stuck watching those on YouTube.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That sucked for you -- they ran trailers both for Interstellar and Edge of Tomorrow in my theater.
    I'm kind of excited about Interstellar.
    Edge of Tomorrow looks like it might be a fun action movie.

But yeah, when I said the greatest part of Godzilla was the "bigness" of things... that's about all.
    Pacific Rim made an effort at backstory and characterization; Godzilla here was just pretty formless and flat.
    THe movie is about 20-25 minutes of some cool monster fighting / monsters trashing things, and the rest is bland filler.

Elizabeth Olsen is a great emoter, she makes even the most cliche things feel real... and she couldn't really salvage anything here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    THe movie is about 20-25 minutes of some cool monster fighting / monsters trashing things, and the rest is bland filler.
    Best to wait for Transformers 4 for cool two-hour-long fight sequences...with Marky Mark as the filler.

And you're not gonna believe this, but Cillian Murphy is not in Interstellar. When was the last time that happened in a Christopher Nolan picture?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Best to wait for Transformers 4 for cool two-hour-long fight sequences...with Marky Mark as the filler.

And you're not gonna believe this, but Cillian Murphy is not in Interstellar. When was the last time that happened in a Christopher Nolan picture?
    Looks like Michael Caine couldn't stay away though.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp

Human-side characters and their drama were disappointed. Only first half, Joe Brody (Bryan Cranston)'s part was really great. Sadly, others couldn't make that impression like what him did.
    It was like Bryan script was 50%, left the rest for each other characters those have to spend their place for the monsters as well...Meh
    Gareth Edward's directing skill should have be more developed. Now he has a chance to do it again in the next sequel.

I won't compare Godzilla to Pacific Rim because they're different genre (Pacific Rim is action, heroic theme while Godzilla is based on real world and more drama thriller)
    Well, I still love this movie though because my king has came back! But there are many bad point that I'd like to criticize, LOL~
    ~A cat walk through the way~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by buddy2eyes View Post
    Well, I still love this movie though because my king has came back!
    Yeah, I don't want to put Godzilla (the monster) down at all.

When he was actually on screen, he was freaking ginormous and totally badass.
    That whole "breathing blue fire" crap was insane.