User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    And I thought those two were the worst. Phoenix especially because the whole thing was basically a montage.
    YES. So much. They took the longest book, and made it into the shortest movie.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I was never a *huge* Harry Potter fan.

I think I only saw the first four films.

The only harry potter book I actually read was Prisoner of Azkaban, and I enjoyed it. I watched it before I saw the film, and I actually thought it did the book justice. So I'm going to say the third film.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    YES. So much. They took the longest book, and made it into the shortest movie.
    Yeah, and they took one of the shortest books and made it into two movies.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Half Blood Prince pissed me off.

I liked Phoenix because it was the one movie not riddled with rampant Deus Ex Machina. It also boiled Harry Potter down to essence--it was the "Christopher Nolan/Dark Knight" of the series.

Plus, the duel at the finale gives me chills, it's that good.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Yeah, and they took one of the shortest books and made it into two movies.
    It's not one of the shortest, it has about 700 sites I think. IMO the best are 3, 6 and 7.1.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

And I thought those two were the worst. Phoenix especially because the whole thing was basically a montage. Azkaban because it wasn't nearly as dark as Chamber (while it may have had dark elements, it didn't have any atmosphere like Chamber) nor did it have any sense of wonder like Sorcerer's. It was just goofy, and Chamber probably had the best special fx of any of the movies.
    Interesting. I don't agree with anything you have said here.

Riva

^ maybe the u was joking.

Favourite book - The Prisoner of Azkaban
    Favourite movie - Hmmm... can't think of a favourite one at the moment. I guess I like them all for sentimental reasons. I like that ability in me: to like something for sentimental reasons even if it is mediocre. I'm not saying they are mediocre though. Infact most of them were really good.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Favourite book - The Prisoner of Azkaban
    Favourite movie - Hmmm... can't think of a favourite one at the moment. I guess I like them all for sentimental reasons. I like that ability in me: to like something for sentimental reasons even if it is mediocre. I'm not saying they are mediocre though. Infact most of them were really good.
    Wait that isn't exactly accurate. I hated the lost ending and the conclusion of the red john aspect of the mentalist. Urgh!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I find myself rewatching the Half-blood prince the most. It's...I dunno, the best of both worlds. It has that 'the storm is coming' vibe while still having the familiar, magical setting that I fell in love with in the first movie, the craziness that is Hogwarts. But they're...they're growing up, and they are getting more and more control over their lives, becoming more than mere pawns. The entire chessboard is just about revealed and they're getting ready to play.

I always did love the anticipation of a good thunderstorm.

I enjoy rewatching them all, but Half blood prince, followed by order of the Phoenix balance those two worlds best I feel. The first one is exhilarating for the first part of the movie - when the world is introduced. The actual storyline that follows is meh though. The second on interests me the least though the story line is marginally better and the rest of them are fun, but more trivial and thematic. The Hallows are indeed too doom and gloom.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Half Blood Prince made me feel indifferent. Not a good signal from what is commonly referred to as the best book and story.

While the series drastically "matured" with this entry (and this is a good thing) it didn't translate properly to film for me. It was the movie I anticipated the most and I was very disappointed with the end result.