User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    yupp

so the ultimate hipster would be someone who hates something that they once liked then everyone else liked it and because the world is filled with hipsters they all.started hating it and then eventually liked it again to be ironic. it's a never ending cycle

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so the ultimate hipster would be someone who hates something that they once liked then everyone else liked it and because the world is filled with hipsters they all.started hating it and then eventually liked it again to be ironic. it's a never ending cycle
    Hence the comeback of 80s style...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hence the comeback of 80s style...
    the 80s are in style?'huhn

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    What does the counterculture of today consist of?
    http://www.thefedoralounge.com/
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, I do sometimes avoid things that are too popular. An example is with cars. It's like when everybody goes out and buys an SUV, because everyone is buying SUVs. It makes me not want one. I'm not like that with movies or music though.
    I am like that with movies or music. To me, it's not about not liking things because they're popular, it's more about feeling the pressure to like what is popular at the moment. I like to make up my own mind about what I like or don't like. So I try to avoid getting into the hype, and letting other people's opinions influence me either way. I don't feel superior, or put others down for listening to music, watching movies, or wanting to get things that are highly popular right now. I just like to keep my own pace about finding the importance of these things for myself.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    I am like that with movies or music. To me, it's not about not liking things because they're popular, it's more about feeling the pressure to like what is popular at the moment. I like to make up my own mind about what I like or don't like. So I try to avoid getting into the hype, and letting other people's opinions influence me either way. I don't feel superior, or put others down for listening to music, watching movies, or wanting to get things that are highly popular right now. I just like to keep my own pace about finding the importance of these things for myself.
    Same with me.

Don't like it just because it's popular or not, but because I really like it. But sometimes, many people make a judgment that if you don't like the popular thing, you're so lame *in my country, they do that*

Stansmith

I've met more people who do the exact opposite.

Buying Stocks and Shares because they are popular is usually a good way of going broke.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    UGH that bugs me a lot when people are kinda smug about how they don't like Hunger Games or something like that because it's popular, as though they are superior in some way. Obviously if you legitimately don't like it as music or as art or cinema, because you find it poorly produced or you don't like the aesthetic or message or whatnot... that's one thing. But just BECAUSE lots of other people like it, that's so pretentious and annoying.

I guess it's just a rant thread.
    I agree with this. What annoys me though is that people sometimes assume I have this attitude because I don't like most anything that is popular, especially music. I don't dislike popular stuff just because of how many people like it, I just genuinely do not like it and find most of it really dull and boring. I couldn't care less about what everyone else likes and I don't look down on them if they like things I don't. I might do a little light-hearted teasing with someone I'm familiar with, but nothing more than that and certainly never anything serious.

Just let me enjoy my death and black metal in peace, dammit! People can be so pretentious about hating extreme music and thinking it takes no talent and that anyone who likes it is messed up/retarded/immature/etc., trying to mock it by attempting to imitate the vocals (and failing miserably by doing it the wrong way that will wreck their vocal cords/make them cough up blood and they end up sounding like a dying animal) or instrument playing ("oh it's just randomly banging the drums and masturbating your guitar hurr hurr")...so fucking annoying.