User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I tend to associate this with type 6. Am I off?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Exactly. It's just the flip side of people who feel they must stop enjoying something they like because it's no longer cool...

edit: yeah like what IAJ said above

Yeah, fuck allowing other people's opinions to wield that much control over my happiness in life... on any scale.. just ain't worth it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

So... I was reflecting more on it and probably it bugs me because they are sort of ruining the fun for all the rest of us. Moral of the story: don't let their bad attitude spoil the enjoyment of something I like...

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

So... I was reflecting more on it and probably it bugs me because they are sort of ruining the fun for all the rest of us. Moral of the story: don't let their bad attitude spoil the enjoyment of something I like...

likes this

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, fuck allowing other people's opinions to wield that much control over my happiness in life... on any scale.. just ain't worth it.
    I don't think that finding something annoying is the same thing. It has no effect on my happiness or how much I like something. It's just... annoying. Like mosquitoes. Buzzing. Sucking. Must slap, then move on.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Stansmith

I'm generally indifferent towards things I don't like (when it comes to art, any form of entertainment, or preferences in general). Obsessing over or being overly disdainful towards other people's preferences seems petty.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I tend to associate this with type 6. Am I off?
    4s don't do this? Sure, they're less vocal, but I'm sure quite a few think that way. 3w4s too.

WALMART

For the challenge? Or am I not understanding you properly? I don't think I've played enough video games to understand what a class is.
    Warriors, monks, wizards, rogues, stuff like that would be a class. Some of my first inquiries regarding an online game is to find out what classes or characters are most popular. I am almost guaranteed to stay away from selecting those types. Not only is it because the least played are likely the most challenging classes to play, it also means people don't encounter them as often, and might have more difficulty counting their tactics. Plus, there is the style factor :P

But it goes beyond videogames. I like weird cars people seem to have forgotten about or don't give attention to. Niche subjects people might have not explored. Strange places or events people might have not gotten to appreciate.

I know I don't like Ford Mustangs because of their dime-a-dozen status and nothing else.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Warriors, monks, wizards, rogues, stuff like that would be a class. Some of my first inquiries regarding an online game is to find out what classes or characters are most popular. I am almost guaranteed to stay away from selecting those types. Not only is it because the least played are likely the most challenging classes to play, it also means people don't encounter them as often, and might have more difficulty counting their tactics. Plus, there is the style factor :P

But it goes beyond videogames. I like weird cars people seem to have forgotten about or don't give attention to. Niche subjects people might have not explored. Strange places or events people might have not gotten to appreciate.

I know I don't like Ford Mustangs because of their dime-a-dozen status and nothing else.
    Does it bother you if/when other people start to like your niche interests?

I have a similar thought process to yours re: your second paragraph -- but usually I like it when other people start to appreciate them. Unless they're individual people I don't like, but that's something else entirely.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post

@bold... heh. Hence the username? Superunknown?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.