User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Apparently I am an INTJ 4w5.

My music tastes are, in ordered of time spent listening (with 5 main artists listened to) :
    -Black Metal (Darkthrone, Mayhem, Drudkh, S.V.E.S.T., Deathspell Omega)
    -NeoFolk/Post-Industrial (Coil, Death in June, Current 93, Allerseelen, Dernière Volonté)
    -Classical (Mahler, Stravinsky, Mozart, Prokofiev, Vivaldi)
    -Experimental/Indie (Sonic Youth, sunnO))), Ghost, Boris, Six Organs of Admittance)
    -Thrash/Death Metal (Deströyer 666, Bathory, Morbid Angel, Unleashed, Nile)
    -J-Rock/Visual Kei (Luna Sea, Pierrot, L'arc-en-ciel, gackt, kagrra,)
    -Melodic Metal (In Flames, Machinae Supremacy, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Insomnium)
    -Enka/Old-School Asian (Teresa Teng, Itsuki Hiroshi, Kayama Yuzo, Misora Hibari)

I also don't mind when jazz, oi/crust punk, disco, middle eastern music and hip hop are played, but I rarely listen to them on my own.

I can't stand reggae, radio hits, ska, dancehall, reggaeton, rockabilly, most non-progressive rock actually, and a lot of indie (stuff like Animal Collective, Port O'Brein, and all that hipster stuff is particularly unpalatable).

I like musics that :
    -can put me in trance and make my mind convey ideas and visions.
    -is unpredictable, well composed, with surprises, originalities, efficient interplay of instruments.
    -that I can catch myself singing or humm along to when I am working on something, as some kind of lubrican to thoughts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    And proud of it!

My taste in music is very eclectic. How it relates to type? I don't know and I don't care, I'm still going to listen to what I like listening to.

That's how I choose my music too. I'm always looking for a new favorite to add to my collection from various genres. I like songs with depth primarily (both instrumental depth and lyrical depth), but this doesn't rule out house/ drum and bass music for me, as long as it has either a dark industrial or sinister feel or an inspirational sound. This eclectic musical preference is probably due to their intuitive feeling, combined with judging, which causes the INFJ to explore various genres but also have specific preferences based on what they're naturally drawn to.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I enjoy most mussic, but I suppose I listen to dance/indie pop/synth pop/ folk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know about other INFP's, but I , myself, listen to old rock n' roll, psychedelic hippie stuff, underground music, "outsider" music and experimental (or "avant-garde") music. I like to stray as far away as posisble from mainstream music (with the exception of Lady Gaga ) But, yeah, you get the picture. When I play my music loud, everyone looks at me like "WTF?! o.O" lol.

My ISFJ mother likes soft, pretty music.

My INTP father likes classical and jazz music.

My ESFJ friend has an eclectic taste in music and will listen to anything.

My ENTJ friend likes metal. (I'm not sure he's an ENTJ though, I'm just guessing. )

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

ISTJ dad likes 60s, 70s and 80s rock, grunge, Bowie and girly ballads.
    ISFP mom likes poppy music (Lady Gaga, Mika, etc), metal and 60s rock.
    I like almost everything, except for girly songs, ballads, Christian rock and R&B from approximately 1995-2005 (so let's say everything except the music depressed housewives listen to).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    infp

i like lots of music.. I listen to many bands because of lyrical content. i love any lyrics that i feel a connection to. i love emotional stuff.... what else can you expect from an INFP?

I love all these bands, especially for their lyrics/emotion:
    Brand New
    Cursive
    The Lawrence Arms
    mewithoutYou (before they became really preachy, not a big fan of those lyrics)
    Say Anything
    Motion City Soundtrack
    Saves the Day
    Braid
    Death Cab
    Bear Vs. Shark
    At the Drive-In

i also like a lot of indie-proggy-ish(w/e) music, but i never really listen to that stuff for the lyrics.
    Minus the Bear
    Appleseed Cast
    Portugal. The Man
    Circa Survive
    TSOAF
    Mars Volta
    Grizzly Bear
    Coheed and Cambria
    These Arms Are Snakes
    TREOS

so yeah... my music taste has been called lame plenty of times but i don't care. i can't help but dig it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm getting the feeling there are no particular trends here.

Pretty much

I grew up on R&B/Soul/Hip-Hop, but as I've gotten older, my catalogue has gotten more diverse.

Can't say that it's tied to any feelings or loyalty. If it's good, it's good.

MBTI
    ENTP

who's noticed how rapidly popular every thread with the word "music" in the title becomes? (who hasn't?)

why does this happen? rarely does an extended discussion occur in response to the thread title. more often, the only exchanges between members are along the lines of "hey, i listen to them too, high five," and otherwise, member after member uses the thread as an excuse to list individual artists and say "this band's persona is cool, just like me."

the relationship between type and music is not "what" one listens to, but "why". why do you listen to the music you like? how do you experience music?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm an INFJ, and I would probably say I mostly listen to rock, indie and classical music. Sometimes I'm in the mood for blues or pop (Dido!) but generally the three genres I stick to.

A few musicians i like:
    Radiohead
    Led Zeppelin
    Mendelssohn
    Pink Floyd
    Jeff Buckley
    Damien Rice
    Rachmaninoff
    Talking Heads
    Phillip Glass

I care most about the arrangement and lyrics (if there are any) of a piece of music. My only criteria for trying out a new musician is to that the musician/s have actually written the music themselves. I place high importance on originality. I need to 'feel' that connection between the music and the artist.

That's the thing with classical music: it's so timeless because it's in a completely different league to the other genres.

To be honest though, I don't think a Personality Type would influence taste in music much. Maybe very minimal, but not much, maybe just how open-minded you are to different genres. I reckon its more to do with the environment you are living in, and the influences from people around you.
    "I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me
    They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely
    I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life
    They'd shut me away..."

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

INFJ, into prog rock, pop/rock, rock, 80s synth pop, electronica, classical, jazz.

My favorites would include:
    Genesis and their member's solo careers, especially of Tony Banks, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Phil Collins, Mike and the Mechanics.
    Kate Bush
    Eddie Jobson
    Nik Kershaw
    Fleetwood Mac
    Massive Attack
    Steve Winwood
    ABC
    The Police
    Sting
    Pet Shop Boys
    The Dream Academy
    Eurythmics
    ELO
    Billy Joel
    Supertramp
    Steve Miller Band
    Art of Noise
    Rachmaninoff
    Stravinsky
    Tchaikovsky
    Benny Goodman
    Glenn Miller Band

to name a few. Varied musical tastes, but I'm more old school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche