User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    INFJs tend to have crappy musical taste too. Lots of indie crapfest.
    And proud of it!

My taste in music is very eclectic. How it relates to type? I don't know and I don't care, I'm still going to listen to what I like listening to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Years ago, a research in Holland found that teenagers who listened to "all kinds of music" are the ones with the most problems. It must be because they can swing between many different moods. Not sure if that's type-related.

I think I use music to 'suck in' all of its emotional content and get familiar with its moods; I can listen to a certain album many times over a few weeks, subconsciously examining my emotional response to it, and once I understand it, I start listening to something else. I listen mostly to classical music because I find it 'richer', more layered, more varied.. If I didn't like classical music I would've probably tried to listen to as much different styles as possible.

Sometimes I wonder if the music I expose my brain too actually changes things; if I would've become a different person if I hadn't spent so much time in private, trying to feel things that I would've never experienced otherwise, and that most people of my age are completely unfamiliar with. I also wonder if I can become more normal by listening to popular radio stations.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I enjoy all kinds of music.

But I am a die-hard HouseHead. And I generally don't stray from house, and if I do, it's other types of electronic music. If I stray further, jazz, acid jazz, hip-hop, classic rock, punk....

One of my fave songs is a acid house remix of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall"..

However, there are all types of folks in the culture, and that's what initially attracted me to it.

My best buds within the community are INFPs and ENTPs. A couple INTJs. Seems to be a lot of these types around actually.

I'm a weird INFJ....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I also wonder if I can become more normal by listening to popular radio stations.

Please don't do this to yourself...lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like all kinds of music...from folky acoustic to classical to jazz to house ,lounge, ambient, trance, break beat and drum n bass...etc etc

basically i'm drawn to music that affects me emotionally in a positive way and dislike music that makes me feel bad like country or some of the harder angrier metal stuff
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I listen to a little of everything really- except for Garth Brooks and Celine Dion

I generally like things that are great for listening to while driving or doing something though... whether it's way over the top classical music (I like opera! ), Punk Covers of classic rock and country songs, ok... almost all punk that's not modern pop punk shit... dwight yoakam, I do like bluegrass and Hank Williams Sr as well, reflecting where I'm from I guess And don't most people like classic rock and 80s music?

In high school I listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against The Machine, since the adults did not approve
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against The Machine, since the adults did not approve
    lol you got some lame ass parents
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my parents didn't care... the other adults in town did... I drove with windows down and music turned up in a small rural bible belt town!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my parents didn't care... the other adults in town did... I drove with windows down and music turned up in a small rural bible belt town!
    other adults in town? thats just insane..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh yes... it was mentioned in a sermon even