User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So you think Cinna and Peeta are the same? (or do you think Cinna is not an ENFJ?)
    I think Peeta's vulnerability makes him seem FP (because stereotypically, that's what people equate with FPs). Cinna I would think is INFJ. They are the only two people who weren't initially part of Katniss' family (sis, mom and Gale), but very quickly "saw" into her (soul).

Edit: FPs, Rue (IxFP), her sister.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    I think Peeta's vulnerability makes him seen FP (because stereotypically, that's what people equate with FPs). Cinna I would think is INFJ. They are the only two people who weren't initially part of Katniss' family (sis, mom and Gale), but very quickly "saw" into her (soul).
    Another can of worms there: Cinna is remarkable warm and transparent for INFJ. That read kind of surprises me; usually with strangers INFJ is very very protective of the inner core, I think the Fe is actually a defensive buffer... it's a "safe way to connect" versus immediate transparency and actual warmth. I usually recognize INFJs, in fact, because they are quiet yet friendly... yet they also prevent me from seeing into them; there's a core in there they keep safe and protected until they know me, and even then sometimes have trouble putting it into words. There's usually a little more convention and formality in the interaction.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Another can of worms there: Cinna is remarkable warm and transparent for INFJ. That read kind of surprises me; usually with strangers INFJ is very very protective of the inner core, I think the Fe is actually a defensive buffer... it's a "safe way to connect" versus immediate transparency and actual warmth. I usually recognize INFJs, in fact, because they are quiet yet friendly... yet they also prevent me from seeing into them; there's a core in there they keep safe and protected until they know me, and even then sometimes have trouble putting it into words. There's usually a little more convention and formality in the interaction.
    Hmm, I can agree with this, thus making a case for ENFJ. I can even be convinced that Peeta is FP (likely people with say ENFP).

Yeah, there was a lot to say about the camera work and directing and pacing and editing in this movie.

That whole scene at District 11, where they stray from Effie's cards on the sentiment of the moment, is pretty strong too.
    YES! Rue touched us all! I loved how their 10mins of skills demonstration at the beginning of the game, Peeta payed tribute to her (while at the same time giving a big ol' F.U.). And seeing Katniss come upon it (Jennifer Lawrence is amazing with her expressions), and her subsequent "skills" demonstration - HI.LA.RIOUS!
    *bows*

There is all that, and there is also then Gale, the third player in the triangle... who, if you think about it, is kind of like Katniss' male twin. They both have the same traitset. So in a sense Katniss is torn over someone who is very much like her vs someone who complements her.
    That's very perceptive. What she has always known, versus, venturing into the unknown. I like Gale (and he's hella good-looking, but there's no evolution between their relationship (between he and Katniss) which is why I'm not as invested as with Katinss/Peeta).

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Peeta is ESFJ. It's more clear in the books.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Peeta is ESFJ. It's more clear in the books.
    This was my initial thought, too. He's very earthy.

I agree with Peeta being an Fe dom. He knows how to play audiences like none other. The books made a big deal of how naturally it came to him, while Katniss' performances were usually very stilted in contrast.

ISTP for Katniss, yeah.

INFJ for Cinna. Tons of idiosyncratic vision there. I liked Lenny Kravitz's performance in the first movie too. I think he was picked after his role in Precious?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I agree with Peeta being an Fe dom. He knows how to play audiences like none other. The books made a big deal of how naturally it came to him, while Katniss' performances were usually very stilted in contrast.

ISTP for Katniss, yeah.

INFJ for Cinna. Tons of idiosyncratic vision there. I liked Lenny Kravitz's performance in the first movie too. I think he was picked after his role in Precious?
    I agree with these typings

Yes, that's right about Lenny Kravitz. No doubt he was chosen for naturally exuding INFJ-ness, because he totally is one - similarly, Josh Hutcherson is a ESFJ IRL.

BTW, there's already a thread for typing the characters, although it's old and easily missed.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah this thread is in a&e, it's not the typing thread.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wasn't planning to see it since I did not like the first movie at all, but went with my INFP out of spite -- It was a crappy day, so let's see a movie I was going to hate!

But... I didn't hate it. I thought there were some really good parts, and the speech about Rue's death was actually quite moving. I still found the 'games' kinda messy and pointless though -- it just seems way too random to make sense. I wanted something more Cube-ish, where it's suggested that if the characters worked together they would be able to figure out the puzzle and get out alive.

4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

@senza tema, you are absolutely right with your typing. I agree completely.

I can't get over how good Kravitz was as Cinna. The acting is, surprisingly, amazing in this movie. Even Sutherland, who seems to not act much at all, just seems "natural" at playing Snow. Very creepy without having to do much.

This was a series that I thought wasn't going to be very good. If every movie is as good as Catching Fire, this series may be as memorable as Harry Potter.