failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That sounds right. It's just setting up the future stuff.
    Like the matrix all over again.

Holy shit, I wanna see this movie so bad. Catching Fire was easily my favorite book in the trilogy. The film doesn't come to theaters here until December 6 though.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Holy shit, I wanna see this movie so bad. Catching Fire was easily my favorite book in the trilogy. The film doesn't come to theaters here until December 6 though.
    You must be one of the unfortunate few. Where are you?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

They probably had to sensor out all the good parts first

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You must be one of the unfortunate few. Where are you?
    Countries showing on the 6th of December seems to be from India.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Like the matrix all over again.
    Didn't you see the cat flicker?

Hang in there! Only two more weeks!

Just try to avoid the spoilers. I know that won't be easy. (Then again, if you've read the books, there's not really anything to spoil; no one is going to complain, "OMG, this movie wasn't like the book!") There were a few very superficial changes but nothing that I recall that actually ran against the book.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Didn't you see the cat flicker?
    I thought it was the mockingbird flickering, when they entered the tunnel the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I thought it was the mockingbird flickering, when they entered the tunnel the first time.
    Do you mean the graffiti of the mockingjay, on the tunnel wall? As they passed through on their way to start the tours? If so, I think it was meant to show that the revolution is starting. *Someone* knew that they would be passing through that tunnel, and wanted Katniss et al. to see it, and recognize that they have support.

I saw it this Saturday. My ISxJ's friend's commentary: The first one wrapped up nicely, this just seems to drop off. What was the point?

Me: The last one, she [Katniss] was pissed. This one, she's hella pissed. That's progress.

I really enjoyed it, moreso than the first one. I haven't read the books, but figured early on the "surprising" players who were playing for the other side/Katniss' side. It was long, though. As an Indian, it took on Bollywood proportions.

I got a bit aggravated when it seemed like they were going BACK in the game, and that it would be a de ja vu, in terms of the plotline, of the first game. As in, the beginning is slow, and then we just basically get a repeat of the first one?

But, the new characters, the shift in the underlying goal (bigger than the sum of the players), which was new in this one, finally convinced me. Loved the shot of Katniss with the arrow, pointing towards the sky, but in Snow's TV, it's as if she's taking aim at him.

What I really like about this series is the portrayal of the female protagonist. She is flawed and strong. Her and Peeta's relationship is another refreshing novelty. He is the one with the social skills and emotional intelligence. He is the vulnerable one (physically). And, she is the protector. Don't really see that often, and it's a refreshing change in dynamic, from other shyte like Twilight, where the stereotypical female role is the damsel in distress, waiting for a guy (couple of them) to save her/protect her. Here, Peeta is the one needing rescuing. And the way he plays the role, it doesn't make him any less masculine or lacking. I find his vulnerability highly desirable. As he has his strengths, one being his hyper self-awareness, "I don't want them to change me." (He knows to the core, who he is, and who he is not)

Overall, I liked it and am hooked for the third installment.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    I got a bit aggravated when it seemed like they were going BACK in the game, and that it would be a de ja vu, in terms of the plotline, of the first game. As in, the beginning is slow, and then we just basically get a repeat of the first one?
    That was actually how I felt when reading the books, before the movies ever came out... like, "Oh, come on." it was too deja vu. But by the end it did differentiate and gave the promise of something bigger than the arena games, so that was a positive move.

But, the new characters, the shift in the underlying goal (bigger than the sum of the players), which was new in this one, finally convinced me. Loved the shot of Katniss with the arrow, pointing towards the sky, but in Snow's TV, it's as if she's taking aim at him.
    Yeah, there was a lot to say about the camera work and directing and pacing and editing in this movie.

That whole scene at District 11, where they stray from Effie's cards on the sentiment of the moment, is pretty strong too.

What I really like about this series is the portrayal of the female protagonist. She is flawed and strong. Her and Peeta's relationship is another refreshing novelty. He is the one with the social skills and emotional intelligence. He is the vulnerable one (physically). And, she is the protector. Don't really see that often, and it's a refreshing change in dynamic, from other shyte like Twilight, where the stereotypical female role is the damsel in distress, waiting for a guy (couple of them) to save her/protect her. Here, Peeta is the one needing rescuing. And the way he plays the role, it doesn't make him any less masculine or lacking. I find his vulnerability highly desirable. As he has his strengths, one being his hyper self-awareness, "I don't want them to change me." (He knows to the core, who he is, and who he is not)
    There is all that, and there is also then Gale, the third player in the triangle... who, if you think about it, is kind of like Katniss' male twin. They both have the same traitset. So in a sense Katniss is torn over someone who is very much like her vs someone who complements her.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I just watched it tonight too. SO GOOD. Wasn't expecting it to be so good. Way better than it's prequel. Can't wait for Mockingjay.

Katniss - ISTP
    Peeta - FP
    Haymitch - ESTP
    Effie - ESFJ
    Cinna - ENFJ
    Peeta is not an FP. He is an FJ. Fe over Fi. He knows how to work the crowd. He knows and is very skillful at playing to social expectations. The manipulations/moves he makes, are very much so FeTi. I'd wager eXFJ. He is also not very Perceiving. He knows exactly what he wants, and knew for a while. He's decisive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    Peeta is not an FP. He is an FJ. Fe over Fi. He knows how to work the crowd. He knows and is very skillful at playing to social expectations. The manipulations/moves he makes, are very much so FeTi. I'd wager eXFJ.
    So you think Cinna and Peeta are the same? (or do you think Cinna is not an ENFJ?)