• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Holy Grail" by Jay-Z was a "waste" of $14.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Magna Carta Holy Grail is the twelfth studio album by American rapper Jay-Z."

Last weekend my 21 year old step-daughter, with an IQ of 62, was begging me to buy her the Holy Grail album.

Of course I did, and of course she wanted to pop the cd into the cd-player in the car as soon as possible.

I found that all she does is play the song Holy Grail over and over again. As soon as it ends, she "rewinds" back to the beginning.

Question: Although it would have been far cheaper just to burn a pirated copy of that one song onto a cd, would it have been moral to do so?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
amazon.com. Buy the single song for a dollar.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like the Justin Timberlake parts of that song.

Personally... I try to keep in mind the nature of the artist. I don't worry about how much Jay Z is making. But for a lesser known artist, I try to be good and support them.

The other option is use a service like iTunes and pay .99 for the track instead of 13.99 for the CD.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what i stopped buying cds when i was 16 i just started pirating.

Jaguar

I have to plumb the oceanic depth of that question . . . I'll get back to you.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I still buy CD's on occasion, if I want to either support my favorite bands/artists or if I just feel like having the physical album for whatever reason. I still pirate tons of shit though. Who doesn't?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't realize Jay-Z still made music. Isn't he like, forty-something?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not a hip person, never have been. I remember friends listening to him though when I was in high school. I thought he'd pretty much switched to business management and investing.

I was 'doh'ing the second part of your comment. As far as his music goes, I thought the same as you, but for some reason thought he also produced and pretty much road new talent to the bank.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't meaning that 40 was "old," just old for a rapper. I don't know of many active rappers that are older than their mid 30s at the latest.