• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Visual art that has moved you.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Which works of visual art have moved, educated, or otherwise been a significant experience for you & why?

Here, 'moving' can mean any strong emotional response. You are not limited to sympathy, nor sadness.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wanderer above the Sea of Fog

caspar-david-friedrich-the-wanderer-above-the-sea-of-fog-c-1818.jpg

Could you also describe what you feel and how the work accomplishes that? Describe what you get out of the work.

That guy atop the pinnacle to me looks like a man with a vision to accomplish great things and an ambition to stretch out across the horizons.

It also seems to symbolize conquering the world and discovering our self-mastery.

And then there's a kind of haze as well, which adds an element of mystery, makes more space for it all.

The point is that the sky is the limit and how we can explode beyond all of the boundaries; there's nothing that we can't do!

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Could you also describe what you feel and how the work accomplishes that? Describe what you get out of the work.

S

Society

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just dropping in, enjoying this thread...

And now I have a question I must pose to my fellow artists.

How would one express the idea of COSMOS in a clay sculpture?