• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Text-based Games?

falling2fast

MBTI Type
INXJ
Does anyone know of any good current text-based games? A friend had mentioned that there are some older text-based rpg games. I have been doing some research but haven't been able to find anything current and interesting. I am looking for games you can play without being able to see the display.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I once played Ages of Despair, and really liked it. It had more draw than some if the graphic games I've played. It's a rather small game, only around fifty users on at one time, perfect for an Introvert. You can make friends, and group up when you want, or go through it on your own. I'd definitely suggest it.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I got stuck playing medievia (dumb name) for two installments of about a year. I've been dry for about 4 months now, but I still fall off the wagon every 6 months or so. It's a helluva lot of fun once you get to know your way around. The number of users fell off dramatically with the birth of WoW, so 250 is probably the most you'll find playing at any one time. But former addicts (like myself) keep returning to it even if they have been into WoW. Part of the beauty of it is that, as a text-based game, you can play it with a 10yr old computer no problems.

The downside of it is that if you want to be at all competitive with the better players you have to be prepared to buy pieces of "donation equipment" which will set you back upwards of $300 for the set. You don't have to buy them, but they're far better than anything you can find in the game for free. Plus there is a pretty long learning curve - you'll probably only graduate to semi-newbie status after playing it a year. But there are always people there happy to help new players.