User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

connect-the-erotic-dots-calendar.jpg

OK, so maybe it didn't scare the pants off me...
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Salem's Lot

Revelation (from the New Testament)

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Salem's Lot
    Seconded. I couldn't leave my curtains open for the longest time after reading it! And I still jump if I hear a noise at the window after dark. To the OP, you gotta stick with this one for a couple hundred pages in the beginning because King takes awhile to get going. But once he does, he REALLY does!

Also, along the same vampire vein (get it? huh? huh? I marvel at my wit), you might try I Am Legend. The book is so much better than the movie.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Seconded. I couldn't leave my curtains open for the longest time after reading it! And I still jump if I hear a noise at the window after dark. To the OP, you gotta stick with this one for a couple hundred pages in the beginning because King takes awhile to get going. But once he does, he REALLY does!

Also, along the same vampire vein (get it? huh? huh? I marvel at my wit), you might try I Am Legend. The book is so much better than the movie.
    That's good to know, I really didn't like the I am legend movie. Maybe I'll give the book a try?
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sakedon View Post
    That's good to know, I really didn't like the I am legend movie. Maybe I'll give the book a try?
    The movie doesn't have much to do with the book, honestly, except the same name and maybe a broad theme or two. It was also written in the 50's? 60's? So even the setting is different.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I forget at what age that our public library allowed children to go into the adult side of the library, but I'm going to guess around 11 years old. That's when I discovered Thomas Tryon and his books "The Other" and "Harvest Home". I don't know that they would hold up in today's world, but they scared the pants off of me then.

And, of course, "The Shining" by Stephen King. I was reading it alone in the house on a school night. The upstairs family room was right next to a big bathroom, then there was a long hallway that led to my bedroom. I was at least 16, but I couldn't bring myself to even take my feet off of the couch to put them on the floor (there had to be something under the couch!), much less go past the bathroom (lady in the tub!), down that long hallway (scary children!) to my bedroom. So, I stayed up most of the night reading so that I could get to the end of the book and know what happened. It was still difficult to walk to my bedroom, though.

ETA: I'm not sure that I can experience that kind of terror any more through reading. It seems to be a part of being young. Movies and real life provide that terror now.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

The Road

Cormac Mccarthy dictated that book, which proves that he is a genius.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sakedon View Post
    I'd definitely recommend it. Probably my favorite vampire book ever (yes, they're vampires in the book, not zombies like in the movie). Even if it doesn't scare you, it's just really well-written.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    ESFJ

Thanks guys keep 'em coming!
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog