• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Noah"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"DEFEND THE AAAARRRRRKKK!!!!!"

If anyone can hold off hordes of desperate drowning humanity, it would be Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson.

Or, in this case, just Russell Crowe.

EDIT: I guess Emily Watson DID survive "This is the End" after all.
Only to get stuck in another apocalypse.
She's more badass than Hit Girl.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This trailer has more:

And :ohmy: at those fluid sims! :drool:

Though I think Nicolas Cage would make a better Noah.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there a name for that stylized screaming eagle cry (like of like the Wilhelm scream of the animal world) that shows up whenever birds fly by?

R

Riva

I have a crush on Emma Watson; therefore for her sake I hope this movie and she would get good reviews and a fan reactions.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it even possible for a movie to suck if it stars Russel Crowe?

Well, his singing diminished the quality of Les Mis.

He's a good actor, but he does have a certain "schtick" that can get old if he's just playing his stock part. I wish I had seen a lot more of Diane Lane and Kevin Costner than him in MoS. Here he just comes off as Noah Maximus.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there a name for that stylized screaming eagle cry (like of like the Wilhelm scream of the animal world) that shows up whenever birds fly by?

It might indeed just be a modified Wilhelm scream, like they did in Transformers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Here! Opening Day

Anyone else planning to see this?

I can't get out of work early enough today, but I'll do the 9:30am tomorrow (to save money) at my fave theater.

i'm rather interested to see what Aronofsky has done with it. Critic reaction has generally been good, but I'm curious as to the feedback from the religious community at this point. (For kicks and grins, I'd like to see "God Isn't Dead" at some point, if I can actually find it for free somewhere and can stomach 1:50 hours of it... as a comparison point of an artist's view of a Christian story versus a Christian's view of a regular life story... even if I have a sneaking suspicion of the outcome.)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It intrigues me how they keep advertising this film in the (ugh) commercial breaks of Cosmos.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess we'll have to do a "fight-off":

Which movie in release this weekend is more kick-ass violent: Noah, The Raid 2, or Sabotage?

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh, it's The Raid 2 hands down.

Seek out the 30 second clip of "Hammer Girl" and the deleted "Gang War" segment on Vimeo and tell me I'm wrong.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can I tell you that you're wrong if I haven't seen any of the three?

I'm guessing the Raid 2 definitely wins in terms of "quantity" though. SOunds like 150 minutes of straight up-close-and-personal face/body-mangling action.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The director, the story, the apparent style, and the lead actor, all combine to leave me terribly confused.

Lol, same.

There have been a few religious-interest-centered films out and coming out lately and all I know is my more assertively conservative Christian coworkers had one heck of a discussion the other day about "God's Not Dead". I'm no atheist and that conversation still made me want to yell angry things and run away.

I just am really not into anything that gets people all riled up about belief difference.

I mean, Noah looks neat, I'd love to see it, but I wish I didn't have to listen to people talk about it IRL. :laugh:

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
How can I tell you that you're wrong if I haven't seen any of the three?

I'm guessing the Raid 2 definitely wins in terms of "quantity" though. SOunds like 150 minutes of straight up-close-and-personal face/body-mangling action.

Read the reviews and watch the trailers.
Done and done.

Noah and Sabotage are instantly forgettable. The reviews for The Raid 2 are among the most enthusiastic I've seen for a film, ever.
Everybody is saying that Berandal is the action movie to END action movies.

Nobody gives a shit about the others.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, there it is ^^ ... the Duck that I know and love. :D

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Just got back. Great visuals as expected.
WTF? There weren't any stone giants in the Bible.

Stone giants are too cool to be in the Bible!
That's why I don't read it. It's why you don't read it.

Shit's boring. So's the movie.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just got back. Great visuals as expected.
WTF? There weren't any stone giants in the Bible.

Stone giants are too cool to be in the Bible!
That's why I don't read it. It's why you don't read it.

Shit's boring. So's the movie.

I think it was his spin on the Nephilim.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not saying the Bible isn't boring, but it is violent and sometimes gory. :shock:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i read that last one in the bible about the apocolypse. i think people thought, at least what i heard, that the guy who wrote it was on some sort of drug. or completely insane