User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: "Noah"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Some in the religious community take this movie as a declaration from Satan that he's coming to f-up Christians the way God did to the Nephilim during that the days of Noah. At the bottom of the movie poster, it says something like "the end is near." And, they were filming in the New York area, and filming had to be delayed because of Hurricane Sandy. Get it? The making of the movie Noah was delayed because of a flood. The third thign was that at some point in time during filming Russell Crowe either fell out of a raft and nearly drowned or he got lost at sea or soemthing. I'm fuzzy on the details about that. But it's interesting (at least I thought so).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The most satanic thing about this movie is that both Russell Crowe and Hermione sang in it...and Hermione's singing was even worse...and only Satan can make that possible.

And what was with that song during the credits? Sounded like a drunque fiftysomething transsexual singing karaoke.

The fx were very good, though (loved the rockbiter animations, the creation story sequence was really cool, and water sims have reached a new level of realism), and they saved an otherwise pretty boring movie. Russell Crowe can make anything boring.

Noah, the movie, is realist art. It creates the illusion of reality.

But we know from a number of sciences that Noah's Ark never existed.

So the movie failed to suspend my disbelief. And so failed as a work of art.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    But we know from a number of sciences that Noah's Ark never existed.
    Neither did Hobbits.

So the movie failed to suspend my disbelief. And so failed as a work of art.
    WTF?

The stories in Genesis are...implausible to say the least, but it doesn't mean we can't take anything meaningful out of it.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Some in the religious community take this movie as a declaration from Satan that he's coming to f-up Christians the way God did to the Nephilim during that the days of Noah. At the bottom of the movie poster, it says something like "the end is near." And, they were filming in the New York area, and filming had to be delayed because of Hurricane Sandy. Get it? The making of the movie Noah was delayed because of a flood. The third thign was that at some point in time during filming Russell Crowe either fell out of a raft and nearly drowned or he got lost at sea or soemthing. I'm fuzzy on the details about that. But it's interesting (at least I thought so).
    o.O

The writer did his homework.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by A window to the soul View Post
    o.O

The writer did his homework.
    I guess I didn't care what happened to Russell Crowe. I hate Les Mis. Horrible. I don't how much to hold him responsible for it, but I was traumatized within the first 10 minutes of the movie and I didn't want to be traumatized. I rented it because Anne Hathaway starved herself for it and wanted to watch someone starving to death and that's what I thoought the movie was about. Maybe that is traumatic. Anyways...

I know that this Noah movie sucked, and I agree with OP that Crowe should've been on the boat in the movie poster. I thoguht the same thing when I saw it. Maybe the movie's better if he isn't on the boat. That's a nice little twist no one saw coming. Noah drowns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter Arachnid View Post
    Neither did Hobbits.

WTF?

The stories in Genesis are...implausible to say the least, but it doesn't mean we can't take anything meaningful out of it.
    What are you talking about? I AM a nephilim. Sorry, but God didn't get all of us.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry that people were disappointed. I enjoyed it, although it's not my favorite Aranofsky movie. I also could see why he made particular changes to the story, in order to bring out certain parts of Noah's character and personality.

Prophets are always severe, usually in personality and in their perceptions, and for a man to persevere in such a large undertaking while watching humanity die also would suggest he was persistent and unyielding; he had to be. Aranofsky tried to take that to its logical conclusion, resulting in a potentially horrific resolution; it made sense to me and treated the character realistically.

But the nephilim story was changed to suggest a God of judgment and one of mercy as well -- these rebellious angels were damned for coming to earth, but they also were finally released from that captivity. Their plight reflected an aspect of God that Noah in term had to emulate (though he didn't realize it), and so he struggled with the mercy aspect.

Yeah, I almost started to laugh when Crowe began singing ("NO, please, just... NO!") but at least it was an appropriate venue for him... he wasn't supposed to be able to actually sing, and all of humanity was about to die soon anyway, so... And the song tied in later, it was important to the plot. I gotta say, he brought a lot of weight to the role; he grounded Noah, ironically enough, and provided him substance equal to any stone giant.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    It started raining when I walked into the movie theater, but hey, I'm still alive.

Jason Statham almost drowned filming Expendables 3, but that don't make him a prophet.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What are you talking about? I AM a nephilim. Sorry, but God didn't get all of us.
    Autocorrect says you're a Philippine.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Is there a name for that stylized screaming eagle cry (like of like the Wilhelm scream of the animal world) that shows up whenever birds fly by?
    It might indeed just be a modified Wilhelm scream, like they did in Transformers.
    There's pretty much a Wilhelm sound effect for everything. Police background radio chatter (on The Following they kept doing the same one over and over thinking I wouldn't notice, also exact same one on the Sublime song, April 26, 1992), Baby crying, a VERY common Wilhelm meow, and on and on.