Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    What's with the biblical epics springing up all of a sudden? This is like the superhero renaissance, only much bloodier.

Ridley Scott is doing a Moses picture starring Christian Bale, too.

Werner Herzog for Jonah and the Whale.
    It isn't being made, I'm just saying it should be.

And Tarantino for Cain & Abel while I am at it.

Bible's the new craze.
    Old testament, ftw.
    Oh, a Tarantino Cain & Abel would be great. It should star John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.

I really wish they'd make a movie out of the Book of Revelation that isn't a Left Behind movie (although Nicolas Cage is going to be in the next incarnation). I think it'd be cool if they set it in medieval times and have the anti-Christ be a woman, a femme fatale, but not Angelina Jolie, please. How about Mila Kunis instead?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Oh, a Tarantino Cain & Abel would be great. It should star John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.

I really wish they'd make a movie out of the Book of Revelation that isn't a Left Behind movie (although Nicolas Cage is going to be in the next incarnation). I think it'd be cool if they set it in medieval times and have the anti-Christ be a woman, a femme fatale, but not Angelina Jolie, please. How about Mila Kunis instead?
    Can you imagine the dialogue with God after Jackson slaughters Travolta?

Ha, ha!

And Cage was the bomb in Knowing.

And why does a woman gotta be the anti-christ?
    Misogyny! Mods, hurry up and ban this motherfucker!

Speaking of Anti-Christ: Ya gotta get some Lars Von Trier action up in this bitch. Not very familiar with the bible (I'm more of a magazine guy), but I can guarantee, he would knock one of those stories out of the park.

No more clit mutilation, though. That was gross.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It's not misogyny, it's feminism! It's giving women a shot at playing a bad-ass villain, something that's normally reserved for men!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I thought that the mod staff was trying to reduce hostility in the forum. Making blanket statements about a whole group of people characterizing anyone who places the Bible as a cornerstone of their faith as "Bible humpers" rather than simply objecting to their ideology is stereotyping and is hostile behavior. While mods may disagree with members' chosen belief system, it is reasonable to expect mods on this forum to treat members of the forum whose ideology differs with theirs in a fair and polite manner.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like the one about Jepthah coming home after "promising to the Lord the first thing he saw" in exchange for victory during the prior battle... and of course the first thing he sees is his daughter running across the yard to meet him.

Some suggest it just means she had to go into a convent and serve God all her days, without bearing any children. Others consider it literal [which usually means "offering by fire"] but don't seem to really consider what that means.

Disturbing movie concept:

Okay, I feel ill now just writing that much. It just seems like a vast inconsistency to me between values and practice, and how beliefs market themselves.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I thought that the mod staff was trying to reduce hostility in the forum. Making blanket statements about a whole group of people characterizing anyone who places the Bible as a cornerstone of their faith as "Bible humpers" rather than simply objecting to their ideology is stereotyping and is hostile behavior. While mods may disagree with members' chosen belief system, it is reasonable to expect mods on this forum to treat members of the forum whose ideology differs with theirs in a fair and polite manner.
    Uh, oh! Now we got ourselves a conversation!
    Lolz!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sorry @fidelia. I deleted my post. I'm a Christian myself and while I don't consider the Bible inerrant I have an enormous respect for the role it has played in forming our culture and find many parts of it inspiring and beautiful. It has some horrifying stuff in it, though, and I just wonder what the folks who are protesting this movie would really think about an actual literal biblical interpretation, especially when each of those groups has their own unacknowledged assumptions and agendas superimposed over what's literally there. I grew up in a "the Bible is the literal inerrant word of God" church where the existence and subjugation of black people was explained and justified by the passage where Noah's son sees him naked. This is still a common belief in many churches. I can't lie, I don't have a lot of respect for that point of view.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

...wtf?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Damn, you beat me to it.

I'll critique the trailer when I'm not watching it on my phone.