MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default I, Frankenstein (trailer)

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm a bit of a closet Strahovski fan. I really like the fact that she can play a really likable super spy in one series, a character you really can't dislike, strong yet vulnerable. And then play an unlikeable conniving poisonous serial killer in another series and still have me both believe and dislike the character she portrayed despite me knowing her previous work. Most of the times if I see an actor in two completely different roles, they fail to sell it to me. I usually have too much of a preconceived idea about their role.

(for example, Cobie Smulders in how I met your mother, worked fine for me. But seeing her in the avengers just didn't sell at all to me. Maybe she was not cut out for the role, or perhaps she's just not a very good actor. But Yvonne always seems to shine to me.)

So I've seen this trailer pretty much the day it came out.

I hope the movie won't dissappoint.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'll probably see it just because it's pretty fun to have gargoyles flying at your head.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

A January release. Not having much hope for it already.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    A January release. Not having much hope for it already.
    That always worries me as well. Although sometimes they do surprise but just dont want to deal with the competition. And I think competition is high this year for november/december releases. So from a marketing point of view, even a good movie probably wouldnt be smart to bring out now.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm tired of any old established character or story line being repurposed for explosions and martial arts fights.

I'm tired of action that mostly depends on disorienting editing and saturating the screen in CGI.

I'm tired of films from this day and age being full of CGI less convincing than the effects in Jurassic Park.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm tired of any old established character or story line being repurposed for explosions and martial arts fights.

I'm tired of action that mostly depends on disorienting editing and saturating the screen in CGI.

I'm tired of films from this day and age being full of CGI less convincing than the effects in Jurassic Park.
    Also agree with that. I feel the same about many of the 'new age' movies I watch lately.

But Yvonne Strahovski, oh it is such a dilemma..

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

I must admit I was thinking exactly the same.

It looks too flashy for me. Then again I enjoyed Avengers Assemble so accusing something of excessive flashiness is hypocritical, probably I meant just the right amount.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I have to watch it as a die-hard horror fan, especially of the classics, but wow. I know it's harder to shock people these days with the thought of creating a man out of body parts, but they didn't have to turn the story into something else altogether. No happy medium? Seems once again, only Hammer knows how to do it right.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I must admit I was thinking exactly the same.

It looks too flashy for me. Then again I enjoyed Avengers Assemble so accusing something of excessive flashiness is hypocritical, probably I meant just the right amount.
    Hmm, I can enjoy excessive flashiness if its done right, but more often than not it's not.

Like the last fast and the furious movie. A landing strip that's 35 miles long and a girl falling while the boyfriend just sobs a bit without acually trying to go to her and even at the end, apparantly the girl's body is completely forgotten while some other girl hugs the sobbing boyfriend and I'm like. Dude...

And that's just one movie, but I've been dissappointed in one way or another about almost all movies I've seen lately in the action genre. I actually did like the last riddick movie though. Going back to pitch black a bit. (although I think pitch black was much better, I think the setting fits the character much much better and thought the chronicles of riddick to be a disgrace to the character itself even though I did not entirely dislike the movie, I felt it didn't justify the character.