• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I, Frankenstein (trailer)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hercules is up to 3%. That movie is going places.

Considering it got crackin' to 4% at one point, no, it looks like it's going back to the depths of the kraken.

EDIT: HA! REDEMPTION!!!!!!

TOMATOMETER

4%
Average Rating: 3/10
Reviews Counted: 28
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 27

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am completely unsurprised by its current freshness rating of 4%.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread what I think of the whole exercise.

Mostly I think Aaron Eckhart has been selling himself short.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am completely unsurprised by its current freshness rating of 4%.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread what I think of the whole exercise.

Mostly I think Aaron Eckhart has been selling himself short.

Ever since the accident where he became Two Face, he's only had half a career.

996072_187096714821914_1039826250_n.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude! Thanks for taking one for the team, let us know how it is!

Well, they're packing it in. So far like two groups in the theater. That's the nice thing about bad movies, no one sits next to or in front of you and has their big heads blocking your view...of course, with bad movies, sometimes i'd rather have that.

And since I'm seeing this movie, you should see Hercules (and take one for the team).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And since I'm seeing this movie, you should see Hercules (and take one for the team).

I don't know, the two don't even seem equal to me... and that movie scares me. Can't I just watch a crappy romcom?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the Tomatometer was a bit harsh, and i'm disappointed that the movie wasn't quite as entertainingly bad as I had hoped. I liked it better than Van Helsing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad movie and yes, it was unintentionally funny, but it was nothing completely incompetent as far as quality entertainment goes. The visual effects and production values were quite strong. When I see a movie get such a low rating, I expect everything about it to make me laugh and I, Frankenstein failed. I think a 20-30% would've been a fairer rating.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the Tomatometer was a bit harsh, and i'm disappointed that the movie wasn't quite as entertainingly bad as I had hoped. I liked it better than Van Helsing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad movie and yes, it was unintentionally funny, but it was nothing completely incompetent as far as quality entertainment goes. The visual effects and production values were quite strong. When I see a movie get such a low rating, I expect everything about it to make me laugh and I, Frankenstein failed. I think a 20-30% would've been a fairer rating.

I was wondering about that. I'd have the same expectations for a 0%. For example, I thought the last outing of underworld wasn't great, but it was more like a 20% movie (not sure what it was rated), and I thought the first two Underworlds are worth seeing if you're into the genre, since the acting (I mean, hell, you get Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen, and Derek Jacobi in there, and they up the level of the material greatly... I think Nighy and Sheen are awesome), and art design and action and tone are pretty good but otherwise one might be bored.

For some reason, though, I still have my instinct that the Legend of Hercules really is a 0-10% movie.

Then again, I think the Director's Cut remake of Total Recall should be more around 60%. (The theater version was weaker.)