First 123

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Hercules is up to 3%. That movie is going places.
    Considering it got crackin' to 4% at one point, no, it looks like it's going back to the depths of the kraken.

EDIT: HA! REDEMPTION!!!!!!

TOMATOMETER

4%
    Average Rating: 3/10
    Reviews Counted: 28
    Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 27
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I am completely unsurprised by its current freshness rating of 4%.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread what I think of the whole exercise.

Mostly I think Aaron Eckhart has been selling himself short.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I am completely unsurprised by its current freshness rating of 4%.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread what I think of the whole exercise.

Mostly I think Aaron Eckhart has been selling himself short.
    Ever since the accident where he became Two Face, he's only had half a career.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Got my ticket for 7:00 PST...in 3D!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Got my ticket for 7:00 PST...in 3D!!!
    Dude! Thanks for taking one for the team, let us know how it is!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dude! Thanks for taking one for the team, let us know how it is!
    Well, they're packing it in. So far like two groups in the theater. That's the nice thing about bad movies, no one sits next to or in front of you and has their big heads blocking your view...of course, with bad movies, sometimes i'd rather have that.

And since I'm seeing this movie, you should see Hercules (and take one for the team).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And since I'm seeing this movie, you should see Hercules (and take one for the team).
    I don't know, the two don't even seem equal to me... and that movie scares me. Can't I just watch a crappy romcom?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, the Tomatometer was a bit harsh, and i'm disappointed that the movie wasn't quite as entertainingly bad as I had hoped. I liked it better than Van Helsing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad movie and yes, it was unintentionally funny, but it was nothing completely incompetent as far as quality entertainment goes. The visual effects and production values were quite strong. When I see a movie get such a low rating, I expect everything about it to make me laugh and I, Frankenstein failed. I think a 20-30% would've been a fairer rating.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, the Tomatometer was a bit harsh, and i'm disappointed that the movie wasn't quite as entertainingly bad as I had hoped. I liked it better than Van Helsing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad movie and yes, it was unintentionally funny, but it was nothing completely incompetent as far as quality entertainment goes. The visual effects and production values were quite strong. When I see a movie get such a low rating, I expect everything about it to make me laugh and I, Frankenstein failed. I think a 20-30% would've been a fairer rating.
    I was wondering about that. I'd have the same expectations for a 0%. For example, I thought the last outing of underworld wasn't great, but it was more like a 20% movie (not sure what it was rated), and I thought the first two Underworlds are worth seeing if you're into the genre, since the acting (I mean, hell, you get Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen, and Derek Jacobi in there, and they up the level of the material greatly... I think Nighy and Sheen are awesome), and art design and action and tone are pretty good but otherwise one might be bored.

For some reason, though, I still have my instinct that the Legend of Hercules really is a 0-10% movie.

Then again, I think the Director's Cut remake of Total Recall should be more around 60%. (The theater version was weaker.)