User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Hmm. Maybe I won't like it. I hated Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It felt like I was watching a trailer that wouldn't end.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  2. #12
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I won't like it. I hated Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It felt like I was watching a trailer that wouldn't end.
    Hah, I dl'd that movie (so? sue me! :P ) and I didn't watch past the first scene. I was like "I'm not going to like this movie" and just deleted it again... Although I still haven't seen it and probably never will, so I can't say this with certainty. But I think I saved a dissappointment there.


    No Yvonne Strahovski in that movie though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #13
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hah, I dl'd that movie (so? sue me! :P ) and I didn't watch past the first scene. I was like "I'm not going to like this movie" and just deleted it again... Although I still haven't seen it and probably never will, so I can't say this with certainty. But I think I saved a dissappointment there.


    No Yvonne Strahovski in that movie though.
    That does make a difference.

    I was disappointed about AL:VH. So disappointed that I haven't read or listened to the book. I have pretty low standards, so I thought it would be okay.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I didn't see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter since it came out in the theater. I seem to remember not really hating it and I never got a vibe that it was taking itself too seriously, but even so, it was still definitely an A-list movie when it probably would've worked better as a B-movie from Robert Rodriguez. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the mockbuster Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies? I heard it was actually better than ALVH.

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    0% on Rotten Tomatoes!!! And no advance screening for the critics.

    If it could keep that up, the movie will go down in history.

    And on a side note, why the hell was Jack Ryan released in the month of January? January movies are supposed to be the previous year's bowel movements. Jack Ryan was unusually good-tasting shit.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    0% on Rotten Tomatoes!!! And no advance screening for the critics.

    If it could keep that up, the movie will go down in history.

    And on a side note, why the hell was Jack Ryan released in the month of January? January movies are supposed to be the previous year's bowel movements. Jack Ryan was unusually good-tasting shit.
    What?

    0% is a "no consensus yet" rating. Anyway, I Frankenstein has scored 6.1 on IMDB so far.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #17
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    0% on Rotten Tomatoes!!! And no advance screening for the critics.

    If it could keep that up, the movie will go down in history.
    Not so fast -- "The Legend of Hercules" this month opened at 0%, I think, without advance screening.

    Considering that the critics hate all the Underworld movies (I think they range from 15-35%, which I think is a bit unfair for a genre movie), I doubt this Franken-flick has a chance in hell of being little more than a malformed monster in their eyes.

    And on a side note, why the hell was Jack Ryan released in the month of January? January movies are supposed to be the previous year's bowel movements. Jack Ryan was unusually good-tasting shit.
    I wouldn't have any idea how to make that distinction.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I didn't see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter since it came out in the theater. I seem to remember not really hating it and I never got a vibe that it was taking itself too seriously, but even so, it was still definitely an A-list movie when it probably would've worked better as a B-movie from Robert Rodriguez. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the mockbuster Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies? I heard it was actually better than ALVH.
    I haven't seen either, but I would like to, just for kicks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #18
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    ROFL. Okay, "I Frankenstein" is still at 0%, with 17 reviews in. Nice!

    Some comments:

    Mainly notable for the fact that its titular character, as played by Aaron Eckhart, is really, really ripped. If People magazine had existed in the 19th century, he surely would have been feted as the sexiest undead man alive.
    It doesn't come close to working, but it's sweet that they tried.
    I, Frankenstein? More like Oy, Frakenstein.
    The kind of awful movie that gives awful movies a bad name.
    Sounds like a must-see! Woo hoo!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Hercules is up to 3%. That movie is going places.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Hercules is up to 3%. That movie is going places.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. "Star Trek" trailer...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
  2. Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince..."
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 11:47 AM
  3. The Best Incredible Hulk trailer yet!
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 07:51 PM
  4. The Incredible Hulk trailer (Upcoming Ed Norton movie)
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
  5. A new "Iron Man" trailer...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO