User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: WALL-E

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Wall-E is...If you don't like Wall-E, then to HELL with you.

  2. #22
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Walllll-E!

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Walllll-E!
    lol.

    Vizo? Mele? Ayewonka? Directive?
    -DiiirrrrEEECtiiive?
    CLASSIFIED!

  4. #24
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    SEARCH Motherf*ckers!!!

    Threads merged.

  5. #25
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    This has got to be one of the sweetest and smartest movies I've ever seen.
    Agreed. It was quite excellent. Pixar have achieved a new high.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  6. #26
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    I saw this the other day, and although I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes or so, once they got on the spaceship, I was a little turned off. It's not that I don't agree with its message, but for Disney of all companies to try and bring up issues such as consumerism and corporate megastores struck me as extremely hypocritical. I left with a bad taste in my mouth, as well the urge to buy lots of Wall-E toys.

    The love story was cute though.

  7. #27
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    That is an excellent point. Seems a bit self-serving, though I guess we oughtn't be surprised when Disney serves itself.

    My kids loved WALL-E. I haven't seen it yet. Maybe we'll go this weekend, they've been asking to see it again. My 3yo likes to put the Viewmaster on top of his head and call it his WALL-E hat.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I saw this the other day, and although I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes or so, once they got on the spaceship, I was a little turned off. It's not that I don't agree with its message, but for Disney of all companies to try and bring up issues such as consumerism and corporate megastores struck me as extremely hypocritical. I left with a bad taste in my mouth, as well the urge to buy lots of Wall-E toys.

    The love story was cute though.
    I'm very much against the Green Crusade of today, and quick to frustrate at its propaganda, but Wall-E really just struck me as old school soft sci-fi. Future doom and gloom of all kinds has been there for decades.

  9. #29
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm very much against the Green Crusade of today, and quick to frustrate at its propaganda, but Wall-E really just struck me as old school soft sci-fi. Future doom and gloom of all kinds has been there for decades.
    Same here. The end of the world is always nigh. It was not too long ago that a passing comet or eclipse was interpreted to be a sign of a coming apocolypse, and only forty years ago the fear was a coming nuclear war or ice age. The modern apocolypse story is different; we're no longer angering the Gods, blowing the planet to pieces, or facing a devestating ice age; we are instead roasting the planet and stripping it of all that is green and good. The sci-fi writers have taken advantage of all these fears and will continue to do so. In another thirty years I expect (and hope) that few would see any agenda in Wall-E, no more than they reflect seriously upon the stories set in post-apocolyptic wastelands from thirty years before. The trend will pass and people will forget.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  10. #30
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That is an excellent point. Seems a bit self-serving, though I guess we oughtn't be surprised when Disney serves itself.
    True. I really hate feeling manipulated though. Another thing I hated was that everyone on the spaceship thingy was fat. I don't like when fat and lazy are considered identical to one another.

    Anyway, if you see it, post your thoughts. I would like to hear them.

    My 3yo likes to put the Viewmaster on top of his head and call it his WALL-E hat.
    Aww. That's adorable.

Similar Threads

  1. 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall!
    By Lightyear in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
  3. Wall-E
    By Grayscale in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO