User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Oh and I liked Sinister as well, and when you have the antagonistic demon looking like Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir, it could so easily be hammed up. This movie didn't have that problem.
    The bolded, it's like you're speaking a foreign language. I don't understand.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    The bolded, it's like you're speaking a foreign language. I don't understand.
    It's a Norwegian metal band.

And I guarantee I'm in the minority here, but I also liked Jan De Bont's version of The Haunting. Yeah, it was goofy; Owen Wilson was a typical Owen Wilson archetype, and Catherine Zeta-Jones played a flamboyantly bisexual artist, but it had some really nice atmospheric moments and creepy imagery. And it was largely like walking through a haunted house attraction. And they're fun. @YWIR, it would be a perfect addition to all the campy ones you have listed, and House on Haunted Hill, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I also haven't watched The Blair Witch Project in a while.

While I almost always stay for the credits in a movie, I stayed for the credits in TBWP solely to see all the legal disclaimers (i.e. The persons and events are fictional and everything is full of shit, etc., etc.).

And sorry, Paranormal Activity, your lack of end credits at all did not convince me or creep me out in the slightest.

I also haven't watched The Blair Witch Project in a while.

While I almost always stay for the credits in a movie, I stayed for the credits in TBWP solely to see all the legal disclaimers (i.e. The persons and events are fictional and everything is full of shit, etc., etc.).

And sorry, Paranormal Activity, your lack of end credits at all did not convince me or creep me out in the slightest.
    LOL, I never put that much stock or thought into end credits, other than sitting through it to recognize everyone for their work. But that the end credits give insight into the whole context of the movie, huh, a new one. Must be more aware of this. Thanks!

your resident asshole

No love for Chucky?

I don't watch a whole lot of movies, but I usually watch the ones that just come on TV. Scream, Halloween, etc. I also admit to watching the Disney channel series of Halloweentown movies sometimes :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I bought two movies today: Let Me In and The Last Exorcism. Neither of which I've seen before.

Watched Let Me In first. I thought it was very slow and not particularly scary, but it was still a better love story than Twilight.

Presently watching The Last Exorcism, it's a found footage movie, and after the first two or so shots, I'm already unconvinced.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Well, I bought two movies today: Let Me In and The Last Exorcism. Neither of which I've seen before.

Watched Let Me In first. I thought it was very slow and not particularly scary, but it was still a better love story than Twilight.

Presently watching The Last Exorcism, it's a found footage movie, and after the first two or so shots, I'm already unconvinced.
    Check out the Swedish film Let The Right One In. Let Me In is the American remake (Didn't bother).

Blair Witch is one of my favorites--I'm actually gonna dig it up now that you brought it up. I actually live 20 minutes away from where the movie takes place. You should have seen the fiasco when it was released. People thought it was real. Visitors practically tore the town apart, converting derelict cabins into Satan worship altars and even stealing the township sign shown in the movie.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The Great Pumpkin is about my speed.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've always enjoyed The Shining.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

^Damn! Forgot about that one.