User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default Why in general is it ok from straight men to wear makeup in certain types of music

but not other places? I mean that seems sexist. if a straight man wants to wear make up let him. no skin off my back.also the same caveat if a straight woman doesn't want to wear makeup I don't think she should be pressured to do so either.just an observation

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

When I was a 17-year old 3 years ago, I had this urge at one point; I was feeling more erratic in general within.
    Most of the time before and after that, I haven't felt any need for fake alterations of physical appearance, though it might be fun to play dress up at times.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but not other places? I mean that seems sexist. if a straight man wants to wear make up let him. no skin off my back.also the same caveat if a straight woman doesn't want to wear makeup I don't think she should be pressured to do so either.just an observation
    Generally speaking, its the taint of femininity. There are swathes of the population who genuinely believe if a man wears makeup its a sign he is gay, or effeminate or some such. Obviously, this does not follow, but since out gay men/effeminate men won't care so much having the label applied to them they are more likely to pick up a makeup habit than their straight counterparts. This we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't think it shows that a man I gay or effeminate. It just shows that he's concerned about the wrong things, just like it does when women wear excessive amounts of makeup. Of course, there's a difference between "none at all" for men and "a little" for women, but I think that's just because society essentially expects women to wear makeup. Doing something drastically different from everybody else is standing out, and naturally a person is going to be noticed when they do that.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I think both men and women should be able to wear makeup or not if they want.

From there, it becomes a matter of aesthetic taste and personal preference. If someone doesn't like yours, then whatever. Mosey on.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.