12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default American Horror Story: Coven - Which Witch?

American Horror Story is the only show I currently watch in its entirety, in fact it's the only *current* show I watch that is not an offensive adult cartoon. I hate tv and usually watch episodes on line. I am skeptical of season three topping season two, but I am already hooked at least.

Instead of deep discussion or spoilers, I was curious which witch is your favorite or who you identify with.

I, probably of course, love the back woods swamp lady Misty Day who resurrects animals and loves Stevie Nicks.

Who do you prefer, the headmistress and chemist Cordelia, selfish and powerful supreme Fiona, sweet and unassuming black widow Zoe, vain and temperamental telekenetic Madison, innocent disabled clairvoyant Nan, sassy human voodoo doll Queenie, or immortal superpower Marie Leveau?

Why can't I post a damn poll.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Misty's a crackup.
    All that stuff about Stevie Nicks is just right on.

I generally like all the characters, they play interestingly together. Even Madison, who I think is a world class little selfish bitch. (although note that when she has a chance for power, she can't take it... she's not yet entirely corrupt, some of that attitude is still an act with her)

But which do I personally identify with?

Probably a mix of Cordelia and Zoe.

Cordelia: Responsible, tries to keep to herself and not impose, wants to do things "right" without resorting to magic but is left wanting, means well, tries to be helpful, feels bitterness against her mom she tries to control but still seethes underthere somewhere (due to how infringes on her)

Zoe: Sweet, earnest, tries to help, feels bad when others are shortchanged, carries a lot of guilt for her inadvertent mistakes, wonders whether she's capable of anything good at all sometimes, would like to find love but feels now it will always be beyond her and "everything she touches dies" -- yet there is still something intrinsically GOOD about her

However, way deep down, I have a bit of Marie in me... kind of the proud noble spirit that leaves her holding her head up high and unabashed, speaking bluntly and calling everything like it is. Marie's far more ruthless and unconciliatory than I am, but I admire her deeply.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@Jennifer

Yeah that makes sense. I probably also identified somewhat with Madison's vengeful egoism, but I am no where near as hard or self important. Her lack of sensitivity is appalling, yet it enables her to bounce back from a gang rape that would emotionally destroy some women, and she is able to help Zoe with Kyle because of her unflinching realism.

But Misty Day is my primary favorite that I relate to.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post

Yeah that makes sense. I probably also identified somewhat with Madison's vengeful egoism, but I am no where near as hard or self important. Her lack of sensitivity is appalling, yet it enables her to bounce back from a gang rape that would emotionally destroy some women, and she is able to help Zoe with Kyle because of her unflinching realism.
    Really true -- especially in light of the fact she goes right back into potentially hostile environments without changing her presentation. IOW, regardless of what happened to her, she is who she is, and she seems to take everything in stride and keeps right on going where other women might have been broken and weakened by such things.

It's always interesting when there are characters I don't happen to like in many respects, while at the same time I can see strong or good qualities in them that are worthwhile.

Not sure what that would be in Kathy Bates' character, though. *doh*

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Really true -- especially in light of the fact she goes right back into potentially hostile environments without changing her presentation. IOW, regardless of what happened to her, she is who she is, and she seems to take everything in stride and keeps right on going where other women might have been broken and weakened by such things.

It's always interesting when there are characters I don't happen to like in many respects, while at the same time I can see strong or good qualities in them that are worthwhile.

Not sure what that would be in Kathy Bates' character, though. *doh*
    Oh man I know. I have yet to see redeeming value in her, but I wonder what they will do with that character, if she will remain static or actually change and show better qualities.

I also dislike TV and watch tv shows only online, but I actually like adult offensive Tv shows (South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama and Regular Show big fan). But to the topic... I really liked the first 2 seasons of AHS, but the 3rd season is a big dissapiontemnt for me. A girl who kills with her vagina?! WTF?! I mean... she could have any magical ability in the world and she kills with sex... I think the series does not run long enough to already identify with anyone Misty Day is a bit creapy she seems like a good person, but out of her mind. I think he character will develope contrastly later. The only character above all AHS seasons I felt really close to was Tate ... oh god he was so perfect! Dark, deep, mysterious, fucked up and all romantic like a little dark hugging bunny

figsfiggyfigs

You know I've been saving American Horror Stories for after my midterms. But thanks to that cryptic title, I know what it's about!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I really liked the first 2 seasons of AHS, but the 3rd season is a big dissapiontemnt for me. A girl who kills with her vagina?! WTF?! I mean... she could have any magical ability in the world and she kills with sex...
    If you are watching the series, it's noted (and has been shown) that witches aren't necessarily confined to one power. So Zoe has an affinity for vagina mortis. It's probably not the only thing she'll be able to do later inthe series.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I also dislike TV and watch tv shows only online, but I actually like adult offensive Tv shows (South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama and Regular Show big fan). But to the topic... I really liked the first 2 seasons of AHS, but the 3rd season is a big dissapiontemnt for me. A girl who kills with her vagina?! WTF?! I mean... she could have any magical ability in the world and she kills with sex... I think the series does not run long enough to already identify with anyone Misty Day is a bit creapy she seems like a good person, but out of her mind. I think he character will develope contrastly later. The only character above all AHS seasons I felt really close to was Tate ... oh god he was so perfect! Dark, deep, mysterious, fucked up and all romantic like a little dark hugging bunny
    Why do you think Misty Day is out of her mind? She does not seem any crazier to me than Fiona being desperate for youth yet aging herself with cocaine, or Madison killing a director because he criticized her. Misty seems like an FP (don't know which one yet) from a rural area who has strong Fi ethics about animals and wildlife who also understands natural medicine. And I knew exactly what she meant about "Rhiannon" even if Zoe didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Why do you think Misty Day is out of her mind? She does not seem any crazier to me than Fiona being desperate for youth yet aging herself with cocaine, or Madison killing a director because he criticized her. Misty seems like an FP (don't know which one yet) from a rural area who has strong Fi ethics about animals and wildlife who also understands natural medicine. And I knew exactly what she meant about "Rhiannon" even if Zoe didn't.
    I actually thought she has to be an INFJ 4 . I think she's Fe rather than Fi. Usually when I see a strong Fi type, I can identify with them, but I can not indetify much with Misty Day.